Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Non Machinable PWE and eBay

Smart or not I've decided that cards I sell on eBay under $10 will be sent in a mylar sleeve and toploader that will be sandwiched between 2 pieces of cardboard for rigidity, and put in a PWE. I offer free shipping, so I'm not offering any particular enclosure. I also understand that I could fall victim to a buyer that claims they did not receive the card (that's why im keeping it to cards $10 and under). My reason for this thread is an eBay based question. They keep track of tracking uploaded in a certain amount of time and validated by a carrier. My sturdy PWE will have none of that so will it just look like I never sent it in eBay's eyes, or is there a way to still keep a 100% tracking/validation? Any thoughts/info is greatly appreciated. Thanks
All your money won't another minute buy.

Comments

• Options
    This will be a fairly sturdy package for only 71 cents (49 for 1 ounce + 22 non machinable surcharge), and it will not have to go through their sorting machine.
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    You can mark it as shipped. I don't know if that will give you a credit for your Powerseller status/eBay discount though.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    One of the requirements to receive the 20% FVF refund is - "90% of your transactions must have tracking uploaded within your stated handling time, in addition to receiving a carrier scan."

So it all depends on how much that 20% amounts to for you, and how many $.71 shipments you're planning to do in relation to qualified tracked shipments. Is it a high enough percentage to where you have no chance of earning the 20%, but you'll more than make up for it by "making" the $1.89 in postage savings multiplied by a large number of packages? If the quantity of $.71 shipments only brings you down to the 80-89% range then it would benefit you to keep an eye on things and reduce the number of $.71 shipments so you can still maintain that 90%. Then you can get the 20% and also "make" $1.89 on 8-9% of your under $10 shipments.
  • Options
    Thanks Kb, keeping an eye on all the numbers won't be too hard.