Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Man I'm lucky this one even made it through the mail!

Note I bought on eBay, with one piece of paper, an envelope, and a single stamp. Pretty easy to tell there's cash in there!!!

Comments

• Options
    Okay, I'll play. What was/is it supposed to be?
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to out the seller by posting the note, but it was a twenty I recently purchased. When those listings say "free shipping" boy howdy sometimes this is what you end up getting!
  • Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Well, Tooky at least you got it delivered to you. Just looking at the bright side.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed, super happy I got it! It reminded me of the thread where old socks were stuffed in a package to protect a note. image
  • Options
    chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    Reverse psychology. If it had been in a rigid, well-protected envelope with "Do Not Bend" on it, it then becomes a target for the postal employees to destroy it. Just speaking from experience.

Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey! Are you making fun of my shipping skills? Look,I took your $20 wrapped it in a few singles so no one can tell it's a $20....what?.....what's the problem?!?!
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,514 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what am i missing?
  • Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: johnny9434
    what am i missing?

It is not unusual to hear of a stolen package when shipping paper money(and coins as well)-these shipments are targets for thieves.So,we hope that when folks ship us out stuff that they realize this and take some reasonable precautions.The shown shipped note clearly was ripe for the picking if anyone was looking.My comments were an attempt at sarcastic humor.....no worries,I still have my day job.
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: chiefbob

Reverse psychology. If it had been in a rigid, well-protected envelope with "Do Not Bend" on it, it then becomes a target for the postal employees to destroy it. Just speaking from experience.

Totally. I can't tell you how many parcels we have received damaged by the USPS. It all started happening about 2 years ago and usually better packaging by the seller would have prevented it. But even some that were well packaged got damaged with bent PMG or PCGS holders. One looked like it got caught in a sorting machine and was completely destroyed. Luckily that one was only a $20 bill worth about $50 which the priority mail insurance ended up covering.