Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

FSH: Calbeto "Compendium VIII Reales" 2 Volume Set

Selling my extra 2-volume set. A classic set, packed with photos of actual coins, the concept and organization ahead of its time, some information now out of date but the photos still very often referred to, and any serious collector of Spanish coins (especially colonial) must have this in his library. It catalogs virtually every eight real coin ever minted and is richly illustrated with hundreds of photographs. All commentary is in both English and Spanish.

Hardcover. Calbeto, Gabriel. Compendium VIII Reales, 2 volumes (1970). 355 + 733 pp.

The set is like new.

SOLD - THANK YOU

Comments

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great price!
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Pruebas. I'll probably end up putting these up on eBay shortly.
  • Options
    PatARPatAR Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Oh my 2K, if I didn't already own a set (for which I paid much more) I would snap that up!

Beyond the excellent catalog of eight reales I have often referred to the section of Volume II that contains several of the Royal Decrees issued under each ruler. Also, to my knowledge, the page with photos of the Reginald Huth fantasy coins is the largest collection of such photos in any one book.

If you have an extra copy of Antonio Vives - Medallas de la casa de Borbon at a similar price please PM me! image