Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

HA - New Cardboard Supplier?

Anyone else notice that HA started using a different cardboard in their shipments? The new ones are a lot more brown than the previously grey ones. From what I can tell the new ones have 4 separate sheets sandwiched together and the old ones were 2 separate sheets...

Anyways, I like them as they are a lot stronger and more rigid. They almost feel like thin wood...

I wonder if they had some high dollar notes get messed up and made a change?

Comments

• Options
    larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    My HA shipment is out for delivery today! Yay
  • Options
    TheRockTheRock Posts: 766 ✭✭
    Yep, that switch happened about 30-60 days ago. The new ones are damn near impossible to bend which is good.

However, I like to use them myself when shipping sometimes and now it's almost impossible to cut them but I have a 5-6" stack of them. Oh well, just have to use Super Heavy Duty Scissors to do it now.

"GOT TO LOVE THEM SMALL SIZE DEUCES, SC's, LT's & FRN's"

John DeRocker
    President/CEO
    The Rocks Collectables, LLC
    TRC, LLC
    jderocker003@gmail.com
    SPMC Member - LIFETIME
    EBAY - TRC, LLC

• Options
    TigerTraderTigerTrader Posts: 249 ✭✭✭

I always use the old ones to ship out graded notes. The envelopes I use require me to cut about an inch or so off the cardboard. We will see if I have to upgrade to garden shears soon...

• Options
    Maybe a Dremel with cutting wheel? LOL
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Options
    TheRockTheRock Posts: 766 ✭✭
    I always use the old ones to ship out graded notes. The envelopes I use require me to cut about an inch or so off the cardboard. We will see if I have to upgrade to garden shears soon...

Tiger, that is what I had to do but it still works great. I have NEVER had a note damaged while being placed in between these (2) pieces of cardboard. I have found nothing better !!

They fit into a Flat Pack envelope great and then into a bubble mailer. It's damn near bomb proof by the time my notes ship !!

Never to this day have I had someone complain about my packaging so I must be doing something right.

"GOT TO LOVE THEM SMALL SIZE DEUCES, SC's, LT's & FRN's"

John DeRocker
    President/CEO
    The Rocks Collectables, LLC
    TRC, LLC
    jderocker003@gmail.com
    SPMC Member - LIFETIME
    EBAY - TRC, LLC

• Options
    chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: techwriter
    Maybe a Dremel with cutting wheel? LOL

You beat me to it. It was the first thing I thought of. image
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always save the cardboard for shipping stuff I send out. My last HA purchase was probably 2.5 months ago and I didn't then notice the change.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    Received a HA 2-3 weeks ago and noticed but just thought they were taking the extra steps necessary to protect the notes, which they probably are. I'm like a few others here and have decided to save them for outgoing mail items. They might add to the weight of the package but security from bending is worth the extra. Have to get out my Dremel and warm it up.LOL

Received another HA package today with same heavy duty ones--good deal.image
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired