Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Trades anyone? Seriously...Hello??? Make me an offer!

I am still looking to find some trading partners on this site because Beckett SUCKS!!!

However I get nothing but crickets when I post for trades on here???

Here's a link to my eBay store...I'm getting bored with this hobby...somebody make me an offer???I'm willing to trade anything.

eBay store

I'm always looking for anything Denver Broncos also HOT RC's from all sports and vintage all sports.

Again I will entertain all offers.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    I think your post deserves some responses from the board members. I took a look nothing really that matches my current needs. A broader response about why trades don't really happen here more. I think it is that the hobby has moved up market and torwards 8/9 level graded items and more vintage.

A buddy of mine on here states that for a card to get a following it must me one of the top 200 players (all four sports) Robinson, Chamberlain, Maravich, etc. and the person must be historically signifcant, transcends the game and is culturally significant to gain a following for basketball (Jordan and Erving)

I would like to here from long term board members on why we are not seeing more cool things either selling or trading. I would think that with ebay fees, auction fees, hassle etc.

When i got on this board 10 years or so ago there was a lot more trading and deals. Go figure. I would like this to be a board with more trading and selling. Everyone benefits. I have done so many great trades and deals on this board.

TRADE, SELL BUY

Best

Barry
  • Options
    Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: californiacards3
    I think your post deserves some responses from the board members. I took a look nothing really that matches my current needs. A broader response about why trades don't really happen here more. I think it is that the hobby has moved up market and torwards 8/9 level graded items and more vintage.

A buddy of mine on here states that for a card to get a following it must me one of the top 200 players (all four sports) Robinson, Chamberlain, Maravich, etc. and the person must be historically signifcant, transcends the game and is culturally significant to gain a following for basketball (Jordan and Erving)

I would like to here from long term board members on why we are not seeing more cool things either selling or trading. I would think that with ebay fees, auction fees, hassle etc.

When i got on this board 10 years or so ago there was a lot more trading and deals. Go figure. I would like this to be a board with more trading and selling. Everyone benefits. I have done so many great trades and deals on this board.

TRADE, SELL BUY

Best

Barry

Well said. Fast moving markets make it better to sell in an auction than trade. When market calls down I think more trading will happen.

Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • Options
    I think its the newness of the cards.Im strickly vintage.I have a 1955 Koufax rookie PSA 7 & a 1956 PSA 6,no one has offered a trade on either one of those.
  • Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    Bronco

I am always happy to trade.

I am actively trying to complete my 67-74 Baseball, 69-70 through 76-77 Basketball, and 68 through 80 Football with all wantlists posted on the links in the signature.

Let me know what you can help with and please point me to your wantlists.

Thanks

Mike

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    bronco77bronco77 Posts: 141 ✭✭
    So what I'm hearing is...the market has gotten so insane that if its not a vintage superstar graded in 9 or 10...I might as well throw it in the trash???...Ha!...I like vintage stuff but from what I have seen the value is pretty much set...I mean Mickey Mantle isn't gonna hit any more homeruns...Johnny Unitas isn't gonna throw anymore touchdowns...So unless you picked up a collection that had a gem of a card in it...and you got it graded...there's not much chance of a vintage card going up in value???...and if the economy crashes again at some point the last thing people buy is sportscards...So from my stand point at least modern cards of HOT rookies or players still playing have a chance to go UP in value...
  • Options
    bronco77bronco77 Posts: 141 ✭✭
    I have a bunch of 1975-80 Football in my eBay store that I'm willing to trade...Here's a link bronco77sportscards

I am always looking for anything Broncos...HOT RC's of all sports...and I'm trying to trade modern for vintage,so I can start building my vintage inventory...Let me know.