Home Sports Talk

Tigers sign Upton.

DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
I can't understand how the Tigers owner can spend 132 million on Upton but can't spend 100 bucks on a better wig for himself.
Last time I saw hair like that was on an orangutan.
Enjoy your money dude, because you're still the owner of a last place team.
DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which overrated and overhyped Upton did he throw stupid money at?
    I'm just glad the Sox didn't do this
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Justin Upton, the better of the two.

Perkdog- hoping the Pats knock off Manning and the Broncos.
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
    Originally posted by: Darin
    Justin Upton, the better of the two.

Perkdog- hoping the Pats knock off Manning and the Broncos.

Thanks Darin! Im expecting a tough game from the Broncos, Manning I dont fear but the rest of the team is certainly capable.

And at least its was Justin and NOT BJ
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't understand how the Tigers owner can spend 132 million on Upton but can't spend 100 bucks on a better wig for himself.

Last time I saw hair like that was on an orangutan.

Enjoy your money dude, because you're still the owner of a last place team.

A little harsh? The dude is 86 years old.

While the Tigers' finished in the dungeon last year they have won the last 4 Division titles prior. He wants to win the whole thing while he's alive. It's his money. He's done it 4 times with the Red Wings but never with his baseball team. World Series twice, but no cigar.

This SI writers disagrees with you. Only time will tell.

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had Cespedes for the first 100 or so games last year, and still finished last. Upton or Cespedes in the outfield doesn't matter, still a lower division team.

The trouble with the Tigers owner and the team is he's trying to mold them in his own image, which is old and lethargic with minimal energy, yet trying to pretend to be youthful(hence the wig)

Which perfectly describes the Tigers. Miggy and Victor and Verlander couldn't get it done in their primes, now they're all another year older and even more injury prone.
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

They had Cespedes for the first 100 or so games last year, and still finished last. Upton or Cespedes in the outfield doesn't matter, still a lower division team.

The trouble with the Tigers owner and the team is he's trying to mold them in his own image, which is old and lethargic with minimal energy, yet trying to pretend to be youthful(hence the wig)

Which perfectly describes the Tigers. Miggy and Victor and Verlander couldn't get it done in their primes, now they're all another year older and even more injury prone.

We shall see. If they stay healthy and that's a big if then they should contend. Verlander and Miggy are both only 32. In reality they are in their prime. Verlander, had a very good second half after a lingering injury. Zimmerman should help and a heathy Sanchez would be good news.

They addressed their Achilles heel aka the blow pen. They have new pieces. Only time will tell

I could see this a 80 to 90 win team. 85 wins may get you into the dance. 50/50 they get in IMHO

additional views of trade

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......