Home Sports Talk
Options

Like the NFL REALLY cares about the air pressure in the balls.......

Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
LOL! This is just too comical to be real. In one of the most important games of the playoff, the Refs leave the kicking balls and air pressure gauges at the hotel.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless its the Patriots involved the NFL is not concerned
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: perkdog

Unless its the Patriots involved the NFL is not concerned

The New Orleans Saints might think otherwise.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both teams like to cheat.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Originally posted by: JoeBanzai
    Both teams like to cheat.

Still jealous of NE? They are only in the AFC championship AGAIN no big deal lol
  • Options
    Just pointing out a fact.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Just pointing out a fact.

As am I
  • Options
    Envious of NE? I would rather be a fan of a team that competes honestly and doesn't win than one that cheats and has a great win/loss record. What makes no sense to me is that they have such a good team they shouldn't have to cheat.

I don't care for steroid users either. I was brought up in a time where integrity mattered, now it seems like that doesn't matter to many people.

Glad you agreed that NE cheats, at least you aren't delusional.

Actually I am MUCH more dismayed at NO behavior in their Super Bowl year, when they were offered a bounty on hurting the other teams players. It's one thing to hit an opponent as hard as you can to try to intimidate them, but to intentionally try to injure makes me sick.

But they won the big game so I guess it's OK!?!?!?!?!?

I no longer enjoy sports as much as I used to.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    And how exactly did NE cheat this year to get to where they are at?

By the way, the internet is great.

http://yourteamcheats.com/

Who's your team, hmm?
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Brian48

Who's your team, hmm?

Awesome link! Although you will not get anything from people here that have already decided that the Pats are the only team that has ever done anything wrong and again its because they are sick of them WINNING.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me pile on. When Deflate-gate happened I stated that Brady should sue the NFL. Many wondered on what grounds. How about these grounds?

The sound you hear is the air being let out of Goodell's head

a couple of snipet's

And despite the NFL stripping New England of a first-round pick, fining it $1 million and millions of fans still believing the story, you actually have to wonder if deflate-gate is finally dead … at least to anyone still paying attention. Namely, there appears to be a scientific consensus, if not unanimous opinion, that those footballs were never illegally deflated.

Most of the attention on the scandal has involved the circumstantial evidence, the leaking of false and prejudicial information, the invention of testimony, the federal court drama, the humor, the alibis, the excuses, the "deflator," New York tabloid headlines, the everything.

It's been wild, an all-time great media soap opera. It was easy to believe something happened. Yet early on scientists began arguing that the entire thing was really a misunderstanding of Ideal Gas Law. Bill Belichick even tried to explain it.

The problem at the time is the arguments were being made with false data supplied by the NFL (which vastly overstated the numbers) and no information on how it was collected or any surrounding circumstances. That allowed someone such as "Bill Nye the Science Guy" to counter Belichick's rudimentary defense in an analysis so shallow and unscientific it was comical (it was literally on "Funny or Die").

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    The (lame) excuse of "everybody's doing it" doesn't cut it...............never did.

NE's cheating seems minor, but the people who get caught are usually the worst offenders. Bountygate was by far a worse example of poor sportsmanship, trying to hurt and possibly end the career of an opposing player is reprehensible.

As far as being jealous. NOT. Any fool knows that if someone cheats and wins they get complained about the loudest. If someone cheats and loses they just get laughed at.

By the way, the teams I follow are from my home state Minnesota, so the Vikings are "my" team. I am not proud of amplifying the crowd noise that they did. That was wrong.

Stop trying to justify ANY cheating. I know I am in the minority and that's just sad.

As I stated before, I thought the Packers fans were delusional, but you NE guys have them beat! I also NEVER said NE cheated THIS year, but by your own statements EVERYONE does it, so I guess that must mean NE is still cheating.
  • Options

Envious of NE? I would rather be a fan of a team that competes honestly and doesn't win than one that cheats and has a great win/loss record. What makes no sense to me is that they have such a good team they shouldn't have to cheat.

I don't care for steroid users either. I was brought up in a time where integrity mattered, now it seems like that doesn't matter to many people.

Glad you agreed that NE cheats, at least you aren't delusional.

Actually I am MUCH more dismayed at NO behavior in their Super Bowl year, when they were offered a bounty on hurting the other teams players. It's one thing to hit an opponent as hard as you can to try to intimidate them, but to intentionally try to injure makes me sick.

But they won the big game so I guess it's OK!?!?!?!?!?

I no longer enjoy sports as much as I used to.

It seems that the Vikings were actually bigger cheaters than the Pat's. Denver by far and away are considered the biggest cheaers according to this site,

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    I looked at the site and while I don't dispute the Vikings pumped in amplified crowd noise, the NFL/Goodell has determined that NE has been the biggest offender.

While this website has some good information, it is obviously a VERY opinion driven site.

I can only repeat what I have said, I don't enjoy sports nearly as much as I once did.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does seem rather draconian to deprive yourself of the pleasure of watching professional sports because one team or another tried to bend or even break the rules. The beauty of the game is same as it ever was.

Rather, we probably just become more cranky with age, and more easily annoyed.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: grote15
    It does seem rather draconian to deprive yourself of the pleasure of watching professional sports because one team or another tried to bend or even break the rules. The beauty of the game is same as it ever was.

Tim it's called overdoing it in the old school dept and being too much of a fudd. Banzai and other "Fellas" like him think their boy hood heroes were squeaky clean and never did anything wrong, truth is that even in the Old days teams and heroes cheated but the media coverage was in the dark ages and had no clue about the majority of things that actually probably went on. Banzai go pick up some 1960's sports books and revel in the fantasy world of sunshine and rainbows from the days of no media coverage.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who's your team, hmm?

A site bought and paid for by NE fans or perhaps the organization itself. As a techie, I've rarely seen someone go to the lengths this site owner has to hide their identity. Just the Steelers section mostly debunked: Link
  • Options
    Originally posted by: LarkinCollector

Who's your team, hmm?

A site bought and paid for by NE fans or perhaps the organization itself. As a techie, I've rarely seen someone go to the lengths this site owner has to hide their identity. Just the Steelers section mostly debunked: Link

debunked from a Steelers Fan Site. Insert grain of salt emoji

mark

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Justacommeman
    Originally posted by: LarkinCollector

Who's your team, hmm?

debunked from a Steelers Fan Site. Insert grain of salt emoji

mark

Just total coincidence the site was created in the middle of the Deflategate controversy (Feb 2015) and the top 4 'cheaters' are longstanding NE rivals image I'm not a Steelers fan either, but when over half of the listed 'cheats' were not cheating at the time they happened, it's not hard to determine the credibility of the creators. Only a NE fanboy could use that site in an argument for their cheating; "We're not as bad as these guys". image
  • Options

Tim it's called overdoing it in the old school dept and being too much of a fudd. Banzai and other "Fellas" like him think their boy hood heroes were squeaky clean and never did anything wrong, truth is that even in the Old days teams and heroes cheated but the media coverage was in the dark ages and had no clue about the majority of things that actually probably went on. Banzai go pick up some 1960's sports books and revel in the fantasy world of sunshine and rainbows from the days of no media coverage.

Just more of the old "everybody does/did it" way of thinking. You couldn't be more wrong.

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭
    Integrity matters has never really applied to the sports world. The difference between 'back then' and now is simply that people dig deeper and there is no longer the cozy relationship between reporters and athletes to allow indiscretions to be swept under the rug.

Robb
  • Options
    Skin2Skin2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

That really is true. 'Cheating' is as old as sports itself. From cutting the grass very short when a small ball team comes to town, to refrigerating balls...and deflating balls(which ironically, among all the things considered cheating in the history of sports, this one actually isn't proven to be true, is of minor significance, and yet gets the most hate).

Spot on about the media coverage too. Not only was coverage not as intense, but the guys who did cover the teams back then hid things under the table quite often.