Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

2002 set registry awards?

the awards are still months away . but do you guys think that a few closet set builders will come out?...Ethan
"Women should be obscene and not heard. "
Groucho Marx

Comments

• Options
    thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    Ethan, I think it's inevitable that a few great sets will come plowing down on the Registry at the last minute. It makes for a good horse race and keeps everyone in suspense image.
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Oohh,

I'm betting that we see some last minute beauties go in...

But, I also wanted to check with the forum members.... I think that the awards are a nice idea, but I'm having a little trouble understanding what the point is to award best sets for the 5 different categories from vintage and then modern. Unless CU is giving cash to the winners, I would think that a better breakdown would be "Set of the Decade" in each of the 5 categories.

I think that its a much more equitable comparison for a 79 Topps set, versus a 71, than it is for a 74 Topps Set versus a 52 Topps, 33 Goudey or a T-206 set. Gold stars are cheap!

Just my thoughts - what are yours?
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    I also like the decade idea. I tried banging that drum a month or so ago, but didn't get much support.

Now it may be too late.

Carlos
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    i totally agree that the awards should be given in a "best of the decade" way. how could anyone compare a 1992 bowman w/ a 1965 topps. anyways it will be fun ...Ethan
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    It will certainly be great business for PSA and I think it all just goes to show what a great marketing plan PSA has. They seem to know exactly what to do. Are they going to award every set or just the best of a group?
    Also, any word on the SMR for Kellogg's?
    1971 Kelloggs and 1961 Fleer
  • Options
    PlayBallPlayBall Posts: 463 ✭✭✭

Just from my experiences with the sets I'm working on, I've seen the same E-Bay ID's winning alot of auctions, and I don't see the cards popping up on the registry.image

So, I think it's pretty safe to say, that we'll see some nice sets popping up in Sept./Oct. Just an observation.
    Bernie Carlen

Currently collecting.....your guess is as good as mine.