Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

What note would you buy...

Let's have a little fun tonight, and for a moment consider money no limitation. What note or notes would you buy? Would the direction of your collecting goals change?
Jason W. Bradford
President, PCGS Currency
jbradford@pcgscurrency.com

Comments

• SmallSizedGuySmallSizedGuy Posts: 503 ✭✭✭
    $1 SC 1928-C, D, E stars in Cu.
    Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

• 1886 $5 SC Silver Dollar Back. Large Red Seal
    Colonial and Continental Currency Collector.

• Well let's just say the Higgins Museum would probably need to be renamed.....
  • luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    1933 $10 SC star.
  • Hmmmm,

1. Single Note: $50 First Charter

2. Notes: a complete Friedberg number type set would be nice image
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Top pop Large Size Type set
    Anything worth doing at all is worth doing well.
  • Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    $100,000 bill
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • 1905 $20 Technicolor in 67 Q.
  • gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    1933 $10 SC Star

1928C $10 FRN in Gem

1934B $5 SF FRN Star

• California national gold bank note
  • cinchcinch Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    I'd buy all of them.
    My website: RICurrency.com
  • numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    1890 $500 Watermelon and 1890 $1000 Grand Watermelon Treasury Coin Notes.My collecting direction would change to NORTH!
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    First I'd buy Billy Baeder's USARare private collection. Then I'd buy John DeRocker's collection (of course, leaving some of the notes he's reserved for his kids). How am I doing...how much is left?
  • 100 pounds from British Palestine. My dream note.

Looking for:

1. Any The Zanzibar Government note in any condition.
  • TigerTraderTigerTrader Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    I would take a full set of Silver Backs and Educationals for an An amuse-bouche... All in the finest possible condition!

And then I would finish my small size design set and expand into so many areas I would have to hire a team to manage the cataloging.
  • KT5SilverKT5Silver Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    I would chase after the select $5SC and $5 Feds on my want list. First call is to Doug and then I am hiring a PI to find Larry. Once completed, I am an aggressive buyer of ALL $5 SC mules and varieties. FRBN's and Iowa national next. So much money and so little time!

• Well... Maybe next time.
    Looking for:

1. Any The Zanzibar Government note in any condition.
  • Looks like I'll have to keep dreaming.
  • TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: cinch

I'd buy all of them.

+1 image

• TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I just checked my numbers. I won't be buying anything other than my normal stuff. Looks like I won't be retiring early.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't buy or collect anything different. Might be a little more aggressive in my bids but not too much.
    Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.

• I would make an offer that Jim H. couldn't refuse, lol.
    US small size Federal Reserve Note collector with focus on 1928 to 1950E and main focus on 1934 to 1934D series. $5 to $100 denominations.

kurtisjohnson is my eBay ID

http://www.ebay.com/sch/kurtisjohnson/m.html
  • rbethearbethea Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    This guy right here. This is my dream note.

Check out my world paper money collection at papermoney.x10.mx
  • Where's the "Like" button?
    Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

• Originally posted by: rynotograce

I would make an offer that Jim H. couldn't refuse, lol.

"Like"

Jim Hodgson

• Every 19th century top graded note !
    I collect anything from Gold Certificates to Hundred dollar federal reserve notes.
  • Agree with Jim...where's the like button? Having the opportunity to grade the Fr. 346e was one of the highlights of my professional career...
    Jason W. Bradford
    President, PCGS Currency
    jbradford@pcgscurrency.com

• rbethearbethea Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    Did you get to grade the #1 or this note? I remember a few years back they had the #1 on display at PCDA in St. Louis. Spectacular note.
    Check out my world paper money collection at papermoney.x10.mx