Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Quick FUN Show Report and Heritage Auction Pickups

Was at the show from Thursday around noon until Saturday morning. Had a great time talking with several of the paper money dealers there - Manning Garrett, Harry Jones, Joe Sande, Glenn Jorde, and many others. However, I wasn't able to buy anything on the floor despite waving my checkbook around - the usual excuses - "That note's still in my personal collection, I didn't bring any of the notes you're interested in with me, etc." Oh well, so on to the auction.

First, Heritage has changed their routine about when they serve the evening meal. Instead of before the auction starts, they don't bring the food in the auction room until around 7:30 - I guess they want to discourage the moochers who eat and run without attending the auction. It seems to have worked as the food line was much shorter than usual.

Anyway, I attended the Thursday Night session of the Nationals and the results were pretty typical for today's market - the good stuff did well, the OK stuff did OK, and the "stuff" struggled. I managed to score one note at what I thought was a great price and here it is:

I also added some goodies to the library as I was able to win four literature lots in tonight's internet session including a complete set of the original Grinnell catalogs and the lot containing NINETY bank histories from New York State. That will take a while to read. Such fun.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

Comments

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Wonderful note! Also,anything Grinnell catches my interest.You've got great taste!
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on a great note!!! I love the signatures!
  • Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Great number 1 note! Thanks for sharing. image

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    Orignal Grinnell catalogs, hard to find histories of NY banks, and a fantastic Sn 1 NY BB bank note. Sounds like you had a great show!

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

• Options
  • Options
    Some stuff from Heritage:
    Looking for:

1. Any The Zanzibar Government note in any condition.