Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Displaying Notes

I just sent off several notes to be graded, was wondering how you guys store your notes? I was wondering I'd somebody made a box with slots in it for slabbed notes? Or maybe a book, binder? They are stored in a safe, but something has to be better than a shoebox!

Comments

• tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    There are many but I like the quality of the Lighthouse Classic Grande
    Lighthouse
  • Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    I agree and use the 2 pocket sheets for graded currency. Grande Album with Grande 2 pocket sheets fit and hold PCGS and PMG.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Thanks, looks like a good one.
  • i use lighthouse as well
    Collecting Grand Rapids, Michigan Nationals all denominations, series, and types as well as obsoletes.

Please PM me with any available for sale.
  • delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    I have Lighthouse albums but I tend not to use them. I end up storing my notes in the safe deposit box. If you are interested in purchasing an album or two with the pages let me know; I can give you a good price!

• gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    I like these type of albums, but find them impractical as they are far too bulky to fit more than a few notes in a SDB.
  • Scan the note, and then to the safe deposit box. Safest method, no bulky books, and you can look at your scans anytime.
    Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

• TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I use Lindner albums. A little expensive but mom always said to pay the extra quarter for the good stuff.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • MEC2MEC2 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    *DISPLAY* your notes? Or store them? I prefer the former... the white walls were before my office got an awesome faux paint job.

• Originally posted by: SmallSizedGuy
    Scan the note, and then to the safe deposit box. Safest method, no bulky books, and you can look at your scans anytime.

Exactly what I do!
  • Wow impressive! That's a great idea! I have a large safe at the house, I was thinking of making scans of them for display, then a catalog or something to keep them in for the safe.
  • cinchcinch Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    That's quite the office! Very impressive!
    My website: RICurrency.com
  • Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    MEC2, nice displays! image

What do you do when there is no more wall space?

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: tomtomtomtom

There are many but I like the quality of the Lighthouse Classic Grande

Lighthouse

These pages are exactly what I use, along with a 3" binder with rectangular rings, not round ones. I have 27 full pages in my notebook, and I'm sure it can hold more. Don't waste your money on an expensive album, just get one from Office Depot or a similar place. Mine has a padded feel. Stand it up on end in your safe as if it were in a bookshelf.

Matt