Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Best numismatic blog or market report

GazesGazes Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
Always looking for more information and entertainment. What are your favorite blogs or market reports ? I read everything Doug Winter posts. I find online coin rarities road trip reports extremely entertaining.

Comments

  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John Agre writes a great report from shows that he calls "The Road Report".
    Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody writes a better blog then John Kraljevich. The problem is that he has been chained to a desk writing Pogue auction descriptions. Damn you Pogue!



    Depending on your tolerance for grammar the Legend Market report and Hot Topics can be entertaining and informative.



    mark



    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Justacommeman said. JK's blogs (and he IS overdue!) are great reads, full of snark and useful information.
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

    RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

    CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the best kept secrets is esylum. If you don't subscribe you are cheating yourself



    mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    KyleKyle Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John Agre writes a great report from shows that he calls "The Road Report".


    +1

    One of my favorites to read.
    Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For coin market information I like Legend and DWN. For numismatic information, I like E-Sylum. For roadshow reports, I like CRO
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 10,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Yorkshireman
    John Agre writes a great report from shows that he calls "The Road Report".


    image
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    john agre reports some pretty good things.
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    Show reports on the US Coin Forum
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭
    Depending on your tolerance for grammar the Legend Market report and Hot Topics can be entertaining and informative.



    mark




    Now that's funny. image
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 13,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Justacommeman

    One of the best kept secrets is esylum. If you don't subscribe you are cheating yourself



    mark




    image

    "Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working" Pablo Picasso

  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 10,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy Legend's Hot Topics and Market Report.



    Also David Hall's weekly update video.



    NGC's weekly market report is good, too, with articles by Garrett, Lange & Bisognani.

    Sometimes, it’s better to be LUCKY than good. 🍀 🍺👍

    My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):

    https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sampled most of the newsletters out there from 1980-2008. I found the Rosen Numismatic Advisory to be the most informative and useful when it came to making worthwhile rare coin selections and minimizing market risk. I haven't subscribed in 11 years so I can't speak to its current status. A lot of newsletters out there are dealers puffing what they sell or want to buy. There's a fine line between "hype" and "help." Most all of them are entertaining. The RNA made one of the best calls ever in summer 2002.



    https://forums.collectors.com/...tid=26&threadid=869391">previous RNA thread
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John Agre's Road Report is great. I also enjoy Dave Wnuck's insights when he posts things on his website.

    Tom Bush writes great show reports and often posts them here so watch for those.

    "Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

  • Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coinweek.com and E-Sylum are two of my favorites.

    I especially enjoy the articles by Greg Reynolds, known

    as Analyst at this forum. CRO and Legend are also

    good reads.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As already mentioned the Rosen, CRO and Dave Wnuck's reports are all top shelf. Each author is excellent



    mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've really been into the Doug Winter blog as of late. Super informative in an area I need to get up to speed on.



    mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file