Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

$2 FRN Collectors - Need Some Help Please - Data Required

OK, I collect "EVERY" possible $2 FRN there is. Blocks, Star's, Sheet's, Sheet Notes, Series Notes (ie. 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, etc, etc)

The day the the new 2009 Prosperity 8-Subject Sheet $2 FRN's came out, I purchased (5) of them. They arrived safe and sound and thank god, they are actually cut very nice so all should GEM66.

Here's the question:

All (5) sheet's are the new KI-BLOCK. Yep, KI which is kind of cool. However, when I was on the USPaperMoney Web site yesterday Web Site, I was shocked to see the following according to the site were printed.

- KB

- KC

- KD

- KE

- KF

- KI (Mine)

- KK

There is "ZERO" data to support this on the BEP site. They are also not in the monthly production figures as they are collector items and not the normal production notes which end up in the report.

Where is this DATA (BLOCK Information) coming from and does anyone have supporting data to prove these other blocks were printed and released??

"GOT TO LOVE THEM SMALL SIZE DEUCES, SC's, LT's & FRN's"

John DeRocker
President/CEO
The Rocks Collectables, LLC
TRC, LLC
jderocker003@gmail.com
SPMC Member - LIFETIME
EBAY - TRC, LLC

Comments

• Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    I have no idea myself but my guess is that these will eventually come out as 4 note sheets by the BEP like in prior series. Or perhaps other special bep products.
  • Options
    Ugh more cr@p I have to hunt down now.
  • Options
    Ok so on the BEP site it says this: "This product is sold for $58.88 and only 16,888 will be available for sale."

So do we think that is 16,888 sheets per block? If so then that is a heck of a lot of sheets and per block there is nothing really special and these will be around on the BEP and eBay for a long time. BUT if across ALL blocks then look out........
  • Options
    I couldn't resist!!!

• Options
    Michael - too funny i got a best offer reply from the guy on the sheet.. was chewing on buying it!
  • Options
    I saw there was another offer lol. It's one of those where I could look forever and not find it again. $175 and I used some eBay bucks so I am happy.
  • Options
    TheRockTheRock Posts: 766 ✭✭
    WOW, I just can't believe that these are coming out this way !!

No info what so ever on the BEP sight as to different blocks ever being issued. I was guessing that a single batch of (1) block was going to get printed with the 16,888 quantity.

That is not looking like the case.

It sure looks like 1,250 sheets per block are being printed which puts a ton of blocks out there !!!

Damn it !!!

"GOT TO LOVE THEM SMALL SIZE DEUCES, SC's, LT's & FRN's"

John DeRocker
    President/CEO
    The Rocks Collectables, LLC
    TRC, LLC
    jderocker003@gmail.com
    SPMC Member - LIFETIME
    EBAY - TRC, LLC

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping the BEP brings K-G and K-H to Fun in Tampa......but who knows, they may have already been shipped to their Asian market.
  • Options
    Yeah based on the serial ranges and at least different K blocks I saw on eBay, it looks like 1,250 sheets for each block. Sucks big mofo time. But I still don't get how it comes out to 16,888. I don't really know what that 16,888 means in other words. 16,888 / 1,250 is 13.5 different blocks which doesn't make sense to me since we know that based on the serial range of 88880000-88889999 and being 8 notes on a sheet, that is 1,250 sheets max for a block etc.
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Get well soon John.

It looks like you have your work cut out for you........again with $2 FRNs. It will be interesting to see how many blocks end up being printed as a final total.