Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Currency
Options

WTB: $5 1934A SC EA block non mule

I am looking for one in PCGS 64PPQ or better. Not a particularly rare note by any means but just can't find any available right now. Anyone have any for sale?

Comments

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    Pop report says there are only 9 notes that meet your needs
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    With just nine notes in the population in that grade, you might have a long wait.

Good luck.
  • Options
    KT5SilverKT5Silver Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    Heritage auction on 1/9/9 had 39 graded 1934A EA $5 SC 32 of which were mules.

• Options
    TheRockTheRock Posts: 766 ✭✭
    That's a TOUGHER note than you might think. Being the first block made, they are highly sought after but only wanting a CH64 does help but I would plan on a up hill battle. I can say with certainty that I have only seen 1 or 2 in the past 4-5 years.

I will keep an eye out for one but plan on a little bit of a wait which could mean 1 month to years.

It's just one of those blocks that does not come around very often, nor are collector willing to release one from their collection.

"GOT TO LOVE THEM SMALL SIZE DEUCES, SC's, LT's & FRN's"

John DeRocker
    President/CEO
    The Rocks Collectables, LLC
    TRC, LLC
    jderocker003@gmail.com
    SPMC Member - LIFETIME
    EBAY - TRC, LLC

• Options
    larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Thanks guys. I ended up finding a pmg 64epq and a pmg 65epq. However both notes are ugly and may not cross to a 64ppq because of defects. Seriously. How's that for bad luck!? So back to the drawing board.
  • Options
    What is the going rate?
  • Options
    Not sure exactly. I only paid around $50 for the PMG 64q and 65q. But I am not happy with either one and am still looking for another one. It's not something that will typically bring bigger money unless 66 or better I would think. PMG has graded a lot more than PCGS has so they are out there and should be available soon somewhere. I will consider raw and PMG graded as well but will have to carefully inspect them before buying since the first two didn't pan out like I had hoped. I will certainly be willing to pay up for a nice one though.
  • Options
    Well hopefully the third time is a charm. I snagged one on ebay last night. PMG 65epq. Hopefully this is the one that will finally meet my needs and cross to at least a 64PPQ if not a 65PPQ.

But if anyone has any others I'm still interested as well just in case yet another doesn't pan out.
  • Options

I have a pair that graded PCGS 62 and 63

• Options

@larry510 said:
    Well hopefully the third time is a charm. I snagged one on ebay last night. PMG 65epq. Hopefully this is the one that will finally meet my needs and cross to at least a 64PPQ if not a 65PPQ.

But if anyone has any others I'm still interested as well just in case yet another doesn't pan out.

What did it come out as?

• Options
    gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭

@synchr said:

What did it come out as?

Unlike some, Larry was actually "banned" for no reason and will not be able to respond. You could ask him on the papermoneyforum, the place where most have migrated.

• Options

Thank you, didn't see that.