Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Need New RAW Holders - Florida FUN Show CANCELLED for me - Grrrr !!!

It's been a long 2 months of struggling here for me. Was supposed to have very RARE Back Surgery 1 month ago. Went into the hospital to do my normal Pre-Op physical and was immediately slammed into an ambulance as my heart was in A-FIBRILLATION even though I felt nothing !! I was pissed to say the least !!

Since that 2 day stint in the hospital and getting my heart stopped and restarted again, I have been on Blood Thinners. This of course put the back surgery out months as they won't do it unless I'm off them.

So, I remain on all the F-ing Pain Killers again for a few months. It's now going on 14 months on these damn things and getting pretty bad.

Regardless of all the misery, the FUN Show was going to be my relaxing time for at least a week. Well, as Murphy's LAW would have it. NO CHANCE as now other issues have come up that just add to the misery!!

However, back to my main question. I'm running low on new RAW holders for Small Size notes. I have not purchased them in well over 5 years. I'm looking for the semi-thicker holders and not the flimsy, almost paper thickness ones. I need a large quantity of 250-500 so I just have them on hand.

I can't remember who the FORUM member was that sold these to everyone but again, I DON'T want the SUPER THIN ones as my RAW notes can be stored for months at a time until I send them in for grading.

Can someone point me in the right direction please.

"GOT TO LOVE THEM SMALL SIZE DEUCES, SC's, LT's & FRN's"

John DeRocker
President/CEO
The Rocks Collectables, LLC
TRC, LLC
jderocker003@gmail.com
SPMC Member - LIFETIME
EBAY - TRC, LLC

Comments

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    Sellitstore is the one you're looking for.

Rock, I am very sorry to hear the bad luck with your back. My wife and I will be praying for your speedy recovery. I will miss seeing you at FUN, it won't be the same!
  • Options
    Rock, sorry to hear of your health issues. My A-Fib came out of the blue a couple of years ago and boy do I hate taking the thinners but doctor says a must!

As for holders, try our friends at the sellitstore, good folks as I'm sure you know and their holders are really good.
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    John, sorry to hear about your delay in back surgery. Hang in there buddy.

Will miss you at FUN, but your health is more important than any show.

You already have leads to your holders.

Take care of yourself!!!

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    TheRockTheRock Posts: 766 ✭✭
    Thanks everyone. I planned on buying these tomorrow at FUN, but of course that is not going to happen so I appreciate all the help !!

John DeRocker
    President/CEO
    TRC, LLC
    jderocker003@gmail.com
    SPMC Member - LIFETIME
    EBAY - TRC, LLC

• Options
    OK, I went up the his website but no pictures.

Anyone got a quick scan of the holders? Again, I do NOT want the thin holders as I need them a little thicker. I know a lot of dealers buy the thin ones just because they are cheap, but that's not what I'm looking for.

Curious is the 2nd option of a 4M thickness is what I want or not. Again, I don't want to buy 500 and all of them are not what I want.

John DeRocker
    President/CEO
    TRC, LLC
    jderocker003@gmail.com
    SPMC Member - LIFETIME
    EBAY - TRC, LLC

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about your health issues John, and we will miss seeing you here in Tampa.

I buy my sleeves from Linda & Russell,(sellitstore) and I would consider them as "thin". Now that's not to say they can't get you the thicker ones.

Send them an email; kaylelk@optonline.net and ask them.
  • Options
    Hang in there Rock!

I get my holders from Russell. I got the first option listed on their website. They are good holders. The 2nd option are the real thin 'fold on top' holders for obsoletes that I don't think you want.

Interested in MN and SD Nationals.

• Options
    Here are the holders.

The TOP one is what I'm looking for. Thicker by far but these are not the SUPER HARD non-flexible holders as those SUCK !!

The BOTTOM is the typical THIN holder and is NOT what I'm looking for !!

John DeRocker
    President/CEO
    TRC, LLC
    jderocker003@gmail.com
    SPMC Member - LIFETIME
    EBAY - TRC, LLC

• Options
    youll be very happy with their holders. I have used them for about 5 years now, so any notes youve gotten from me have been from them.

Don't know if these pictures will help, but its them

http://imgur.com/a/V6e1j
    Tickle Your Fancy Currency

Collector of DC Nationals (want list in yellow)
  • Options
    Thanks Jim.

The pictures do help but they look so thin !!!

John DeRocker
    President/CEO
    TRC, LLC
    jderocker003@gmail.com
    SPMC Member - LIFETIME
    EBAY - TRC, LLC

• Options
    OK, screw it.

I just ordered the Sellitstore ones as I just have to have some holders. I appreciate all the help guys !!

John DeRocker
    President/CEO
    TRC, LLC
    jderocker003@gmail.com
    SPMC Member - LIFETIME
    EBAY - TRC, LLC

• Options
    larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    The issue I have with those mylar holders is that you get a bad batch every now and then that are warped or wavy. Nice CU notes should not be stored in those wavy mylars since they tend to take on the wavy shape of the holder over time. I had to stop ordering them from Denly's because of that reason. What I do now is visit a coin shop in this area who orders them from Denly and then cherry pick the ones that are flat. I prefer the thick ones that John posted a picture of above but they are harder to find now than they used to be. Those are always nice and straight and very protective.

• Options
    SmallSizedGuySmallSizedGuy Posts: 503 ✭✭✭
    John,

I have ordered 1000 sellitstore holders in the past I consider them the best. They lay flat without significant welding deformation along the edges. Most of the notes you have bought from me have been in these holders.
    Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

• Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭
    The best holders are Safgard Currency Sleeves - Large Size. You can google around and can get them reasonable priced when in bulk as I don't have my supplier info handy right now. They are the thick holders that aren't flimsy and perfect for submissions. They also have a cleaner seal than the pic John showed. Here is a crappy pic I just took.

• Options
    My favorite are the ones that Carl Bombara uses. They are similar to the mylars but don't have the waviness and have a higher backing which allows for easier inserting of the notes. If I find one around I'll post a pic.
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: larry510

My favorite are the ones that Carl Bombara uses. They are similar to the mylars but don't have the waviness and have a higher backing which allows for easier inserting of the notes. If I find one around I'll post a pic.

The one I posted that I love has the higher backing too. And when I saw love, it runs deep.

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    And when I saw love, it runs deep.

Hehe, I love it! Constantine is the best! image
  • Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    I went to Sellitstore and I'm happy with them. Rock, I hope the new year brings you improved health. We're rooting for you!
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

The check is in the mail so we'll just have to wait and see. I have never used them before so it's going to be new to me to use these. I finally burned through my original order of 2500 from 3 years ago. Now I'm stuck with over 300+ notes that need holders from the most recent LK sale so I need them badly !!!

John DeRocker
    President/CEO
    TRC, LLC
    jderocker003@gmail.com
    SPMC Member - LIFETIME
    EBAY - TRC, LLC

• Options
    Originally posted by: Constantine

Originally posted by: larry510

The one I posted that I love has the higher backing too. And when I saw love, it runs deep.

Yep I like that feature and would use your type too. They look more sturdy. I occasionally still come across notes at coin shops in old vintage 1970's/1980's holders that were discontinued 25 years ago. Probably from old time collections brought in and sold to the shops.

Get well and hope to see you again at a future Long Beach show John!

• Options
    KT5SilverKT5Silver Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    John,
    Sorry about your back and other your health concerns. Hopefully I will see you at PCDS in March. As to the holders do you like the ones Angie uses? They are thicker but not stiff with the higher back lip. If there is anything that I can do for you just call.

• Options
    Rock, sorry to hear
  • Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: delistamps
    I went to Sellitstore and I'm happy with them. Rock, I hope the new year brings you improved health. We're rooting for you!

+1 on a quick recovery.

I have felt serious back pain before and it is the worst - you never know when that shooting pain will jump up your spine. Sorry it is happening to you