Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Bogus company or not?

After the fissco with that universal treasure company that was peddling nonsense, I was looking for some opinions on this other company that I think may be in bed with universal treasures or something quite the same. On Facebook, there's this company called "Baseball Collectors Daily" ... Or BCD. They have products they're selling that may include mantles and the other Hall of Famer's. Wanted to know the senior members of the community here and other peoples opinions on whether not this is another bogus site… Like I said some of their product looks legit but I have this strange feeling that it's just the same as the shenanigans I posted about last week. Please check them out and let me know your thoughts and opinions… I think I already know what the answer is but I'd rather hear from you guys. All the best

Comments

• MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    I've never purchased from them but I've always gotten the sense that they are scammy. I know people in a facebook group who have never had a good experience with them, and I don't just mean that they got zilch but the "company" but they rarely respond to messages and delete a lot of negative ones from their page. They also sell Christmas racks (this should give one all the info they need). Hope this helps.
  • EstilEstil Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭✭
    WISHLIST
    D's: 54S,53P,50P,49S,45D+S,44S,43D,41S,40D+S,39D+S,38D+S,37D+S,36S,35D+S,all 16-34's
    Q's: 52S,47S,46S,40S,39S,38S,37D+S,36D+S,35D,34D,32D+S
    74T: 37,38,47,151,193,241,435,570,610,654,655 97 Finest silver: 115,135,139,145,310
    73T:31,55,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,68,80,152,165,189,213,235,237,257,341,344,377,379,390,422,433,453,480,497,545,554,563,580,606,613,630
    95 Ultra GM Sets: Golden Prospects,HR Kings,On-Base Leaders,Power Plus,RBI Kings,Rising Stars
  • cardcountrycardcountry Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    There are enough reputable sellers that for me it wouldn't be worth risking my money on anyone who is questionable.

Jeff
    Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980
  • addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭
    Total Shyster. The fact they have 65,000 like on Facebook just shows how easily people fall for this crap. FBI should be called on this loser claims to give away 52 Topps Mantle and Babe Ruth Auto Balls but has to use a picture of fake cards for his face book posts. image
  • mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure they wont be putting any of those cards mentioned on the "auction block" since it is my guess they dont actually own them.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • A pile of the same phony cards being sold on eBay by a plethora of outstanding members of their communities.
  • Who are these friggin people and why don't they get exposed by a company like PSA ... or a watchdog company of some kind that can alert these 65000 "likes" that they're frauds? Glad I can safely say I've never given them a penny… This people should be ashamed. I think I read somewhere on this community that they delete all the negative posts they receive.
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: PGAprocollector
    Who are these friggin people and why don't they get exposed by a company like PSA ... or a watchdog company of some kind that can alert these 65000 "likes" that they're frauds? Glad I can safely say I've never given them a penny… This people should be ashamed. I think I read somewhere on this community that they delete all the negative posts they receive.

These are the same types of people who do "no money down" infomercials and radio ads promising high returns with zero risk. Remember the age old adage, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. My recommendation is to pay reasonable prices for cards you want to buy and buy them from legit dealers. There's no free lunch! If you can get a 1952 Mantle for $10, it's 99.9999999999% likely to be fake.
  • PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly. I saw a 1953 Mantle that looked pristine being sold raw at a non-sport card show. I immediately thought: ungraded + looks pristine = fake or altered and just kept walking. No one is dumb enough to leave tens of thousands on the table.
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oftened wondered about those Tri-Star boxes that tout the find the Mantle,Dimaggio, etc. Does anyone win those cards and how does one find out who the winners of those big ticket cards are. I know with sweepstakes drawings you can write to the company running those sweepstakes for a list of winners. Would think in the case of the find the Mantle etc. it would be good PR to advertise the winners.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: BLUEJAYWAY
    Would think in the case of the find the Mantle etc. it would be good PR to advertise the winners.

It would be very bad for future sales of the product if the key hit has already been pulled.

• If they do not state the odds of you pulling the big hit card, It won't be in the product.

They show cards on the box that will not be in the product.

Make claims of rare cards at an inflated value.

It all makes me sick. Just give people a good deal or fair chance at a big hit.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: LarkinCollector

Originally posted by: BLUEJAYWAY

Would think in the case of the find the Mantle etc. it would be good PR to advertise the winners.

It would be very bad for future sales of the product if the key hit has already been pulled.

Yes, I agree with you on your comment. More to my point, I should of clarified that they should announce the winners when all of the product is sold and the key card has been won.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".