Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

What are your favorite online coin buying spots?

StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm currently feeling put out because I tried to buy a coin at Heritage and lost out.

I toyed with the idea of hopping on the train and hitting NYINC...until I realized just how much of a coin budget buster that would've been. Instead I opted to use the proxy bidding and watch live and bid if necessary. There were three lots in a row that fit my criteria and my budget only allowed for one buy.

So, I dropped a solid bid with the 'bid protection' feature set at +1 on the first lot.

Unfortunately the website closed that lot down very quickly (and for a price I thought my bid protection would have made me a winner) but noooooo, it was not to be. I was not sure if I'd won or lost and trying to flip to the 'your bids' to show winning/losing bids took just long enough I'd missed both the following lots...so no bids and it looks like mine was the underbid.

Sigh, I should have taken the train and bid in person. Grumble Grumble. Or, is that whine, whine?

So, I still want to buy SOMETHING (not just anything, but something key to one of my core collecting interests) and my usual spots don't have anything close to the 'wow' coin I was after.

Help me out and tell me your favorite online haunts....

Mine are:

Heritage

Stacks

Goldberg

Great Collections

Ebay

Civitas

Northeast Numismatics

Atlas Numismatics

Clark Smith

Steinbergs

VCoins

edited to add: I never should have done that silly bid protection thing. Never used it before, and if I hadn't then it would have been clear to me that I'd lost. Poop.

Comments