Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Another note doctor found on eBay

This 1869 $5 was trimmed to make it look better. They ended up cutting into the design on the front bottom margin of the bill -----------------------------------------------------

Original note:
LINK

Doctored up note:
LINK

Comments

• Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Interesting, thanks for pointing it out.

Well he (she) has less than an hour to get their money back. Right now they are about $146 behind.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, they might just lose out on that one.
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    Hehe
  • Options

Maybe just a little off of the bottom. Okay, maybe just a little bit more off of the bottom. Hey, this is really fun! Now I've got to make a straight cut, so I'd better use the printed portion along the lower border.

Look what I can do! YIKES!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the great info. Another seller on my NO NO list. Appreciate your efforts. image
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Options
    bonkroodbonkrood Posts: 796 ✭✭✭
    Not one I would buy before or after, but it still looked better before.
    image Steam Power
  • Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: bonkrood
    Not one I would buy before or after, but it still looked better before.

+1
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    The guy seriously butchered that note. I am glad he (or she) was not rewarded for their abomination unto spinner and not only sold it for less then they paid, but have paypal and eBay fees to pay.
  • Options
    lettowlettow Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: DanCong
    The guy seriously butchered that note. I am glad he (or she) was not rewarded for their abomination unto spinner and not only sold it for less then they paid, but have paypal and eBay fees to pay.

He probably had a shill put in a protective bid and that transaction will be mysteriously canceled. Look for it to show up again.