Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Do you have collecting goals for 2016, if so, what are they ?

What are some of the member's collecting goals / focuses for 2016 ?

My main goals for 2016 are: $1 1934 and 1935 block sets (mostly in CU), Some work on the 1928 series $2 and $5 USN's, 1934 and 1934A $5 SC's, a couple more LGS notes, including the last $10 star I need.

I also plan on doing a lot of cherry picking / junk box searching in my area this year. It will be interesting what turns up there.

Comments

• Options
    mfontesmfontes Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    I want to upgrade a few rainbow notes (1869 LT).
  • Options
    gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    See what crops -- up as every years is somewhat of a surprise.
  • Options
    +1
    WTB Peoples National Bank of Jackson, Missouri Ch #7494 and First National Bank of Chaffee, Missouri Ch #9928
  • Options
    image +2, one never knows what will just be "found". Will continue searching for world

and U.S. radars and replacements.
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't given it much thought yet. I think I'm also in the boat of seeing what pops up. I have plenty on my want list but they are not easy notes to find. There are also a couple nationals I am hoping for this year!
  • Options
    Of course I hope to find the missing LGS notes for my $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100 sets. There are some to find...

Especially I wish I could get the last missing $1000 LGS note, JUST TO FILL THE GAP...

But I'm fully aware that this is very difficult and could take a long time...

Nevertheless: Every day is a treasure hunt and many notes may be on our way we don't expect or even search. Suddenly we see them and we want them, even when they aren't on our want list.

That makes this hobby so exciting.image

• Options
    SmallSizedGuySmallSizedGuy Posts: 503 ✭✭✭
    I'm always looking for upgrades to my Atlanta collection. I also need to focus on the few remaining $5 FRN stars I need.
    Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

• Options
    Ben Franklin printed notes. As many as I can afford!
    Colonial and Continental Currency Collector.

• Options
    That's easy... one word - MORE.
    Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • Options
    I'd like to find another discovery note this year. Ive been on a roll lately with some killer fractionals I have not shared yet.
  • Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    My goal is to find a CU-Gem $1 FRN with serial 16977961. For Jim61, of course. image
  • Options
    FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    I will just keep working on my $5 type set. However, I would like to acquire the last remaining $2 note to finish my $2 type set. I need an 1890 $2 Treasury note graded 35 or 40 PPQ. But at the rate my finances seem to be going already this year that may not be possible. One can only hope.

I completed my $1 type set in 2015. Woohoooooo!!

Matt