Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

How off are minimum sized cards usually?

I have a few cards (69 Csonka, 71 Bradshaw and 76 Payton that recently came back as minimum sized. They seem to match up fine with other cards from those years. Are there any tell tale signs that a card has been trimmed, if thats the case, if the size still seems correct? Thanks for any insight, Tom

Comments

• BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the cards came back MINSIZREQ, they were not trimmed. You would think there is a definitive size that could be measured with a ruler or other device that PSA uses but I've heard many cases where cards came back MIN and people have successfully resubmitted. I have also cracked out at least one holdered card that came back MINSIZREQ.
    Daniel
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I believe it is 1/8-1/16 of an inch
  • BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ".....and the grader's discretion". I think that's part of the problem. Something like the size of the card should not be open to debate. Either it is within 1/16 (or whatever) of 3 1/2 inches or it's not.
    Daniel
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send them in again!

Good luck!!!!!
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    It's a ridiculous grade. If it's not trimmed then who cares if it's a millimeter off. It's also not documented, so if it's a discretionary grade then it's even more ridiculous.

"Molon Labe"