Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Trimmed (?) 1978 Amada Andre The Giant card

Pretty sure this card has been trimmed. Can anyone confirm?

Comments

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    I think it looks okay. This was one I used to have that wasn't trimmed

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    I believe the person who posted this on another message board is on this one as well. Scroll down to see a version of this card

link
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    There are two versions of this card.....one oversized that would be in a tallboy holder and another mini card.......that is why you may be confused. This is the large bromide version and it looks good to me too. I have a few in my collection. Great card.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Yes, this is the bromide version. I don't see any issues with it comparing it to others.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: SumoMenkoMan
    Yes, this is the bromide version. I don't see any issues with it comparing it to others.

Thanks for the clarification.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The seller has listed a ton of these over the past year. The card has turned into a dud. You might consider contacting him to buy one so you aren't bidding against anyone.

I would also think you might be able to save on shipping that way too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Dpeck100
    The seller has listed a ton of these over the past year. The card has turned into a dud. You might consider contacting him to buy one so you aren't bidding against anyone.

How come no cards from this set have been graded by PSA?

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I recall Chad trying and PSA said no.

They have been known to change their mind so perhaps they will now.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: PMKAY
    Originally posted by: Dpeck100

How come no cards from this set have been graded by PSA?

This is no longer the case......I got these graded by PSA yesterday.

7 1 25859111 EXCELLENT 5 1978 Amada Kings of the Square Ring Andre the Giant Arms Raised Card
    7 2 25859112 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1978 Amada Kings of the Square Ring Andre the Giant Arms Raised Card
    7 3 25859113 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1978 Amada Kings of the Square Ring Andre the Giant Arms Raised Card
    8 1 25859114 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1978 Amada Kings of the Square Ring Andre the Giant/Antonio Inoki Body Slam Card
    8 2 25859115 NEAR MINT 7 1978 Amada Kings of the Square Ring Andre the Giant/Antonio Inoki Body Slam Card
    9 1 25859116 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1978 Amada Kings of the Square Ring Andre the Giant/Antonio Inoki Headlock Card
    9 2 25859117 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1978 Amada Kings of the Square Ring Andre the Giant/Antonio Inoki Headlock Card
    10 1 25859118 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1978 Amada Kings of the Square Ring Andre the Giant/Antonio Inoki Arm Bar Card
    10 2 25859119 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1978 Amada Kings of the Square Ring Andre the Giant/Antonio Inoki Arm Bar Card

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable