Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Can't stop PCGS auto-renewal via PayPal!!

When I last signed up for PCGS membership I used PayPal - huge mistake! Although I had immediately opted out of the recurring payments, it still goes through, and the idiots at PayPal say they cannot refund the amount because it was an "agreement" with PCGS.

Emails to PCGS customer service, as usual, go un-answered. Disgusting and frustrating!

Comments

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a business account through PayPal and there is a section that allows me to discontinue any auto-payments that have been set up. Are you using a personal account? Perhaps these are different.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    Personal account, but PCGS/PayPal were both notified about cancelling recurring payments, but apparently it did not happen, and now I am stuck with another year of an unwanted PCGS membership!
  • Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell the grading certs to recoup the cost.

PCGS Customer Service does read their email apparently, but they just don't reply. They've acted on comments I've emailed them within 48 hours, but I've never gotten a reply. Strange way of doing business.
  • Options
    Ahh! Interesting. Wish I could send "return receipts" so that I at least know when the email has been read! :-)
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    try this for ret receipts:

readnotify.com

Today is the first day of the rest of my life