Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

RIP Meadowlark Lemon

I just read that the famed Harlem Globetrotter player Meadowlark Lemon passed away yesterday. RIP

James

Comments

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    another sad note

always enjoyed seeing them play

RIP

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    It's funny that when I think of Meadowlark and the Globe Trotters, I think of them on the Scooby Doo cartoon and not actually basketball players (although I recall watching them on the Wide World of Sports)

RIP Meadowlark

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad, but predictable, that I found out this news from my eBay saved searches. PSA/DNA autos must have hit the auction block immediately with RIP in the title.

RIP Mr. Lemon, you provided entertainment for many.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    As a kid I watched the Trotters and Meadowlark on TV every chance I got. Meadowlark was a true showman and left nothing but smiles on this little kid's face. RIP.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball