Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

R.I.P. Dave "Hendu"Henderson

Only 57! Very sad. I met him at a Giants game in 1987. We talked about his post season homers and he autographed my scorecard. Very nice man.
Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'

Comments

• Options
    You even scooped the Boston Globe on this. Wow.
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    No! So sad. I loved him from the Bash Brother days in Oakland. image
  • Options
    Dave injected so much life into the Mariners broadcasts very sad. He always had a ton of class, he will be missed.

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    Underrated career. Liked him growing up.
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    sad RIP

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    DAMN! So sad to hear. Scary when I think that he was three months younger than me.

I was at game #6 of the '86 World Series ... Mr. Henderson almost broke my heart that day.

RIP Dave.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Saw him at Cooperstown about a year and a half ago. He looked well. Very sad

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    RIP very sad way to young.
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    That smile that Hendu always had was genuine. Back in my in-person graphing days I remember when he signed autographs it was like he really enjoyed it, like everything else. Hendu was a genuinely happy human and I'm sure that spread to everyone who was around him.

RIP Hendu!

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    sad news

RIP
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Great column on Hendu's time in Boston and perhaps fate in general --

Boston Globe -- Shaughnessy