• 13 1 25179757 MINT 9 1988 Fleer 17 Michael Jordan
  • 13 2 25179758 GEM MINT 10 1988 Fleer 17 Michael Jordan
  • 24 2 25179770 GEM MINT 10 1993 SP 123 Will Shields
  • 25 1 25179771 MINT 9 1989 Fleer 10 Reggie Lewis
  • 26 1 25179772 MINT 9 1968 Topps 490 Super Stars Killebrew/Mays/Mantle
  • 72 1 25179823 GEM MINT 10 1988 Fleer 125 Dominique Wilkins All-Star
  • 73 1 25179824 NEAR MINT 7 1980 Topps J.Van Breda Kolff, J.Erving,M.Johnson
  • 74 1 25179825 GEM MINT 10 1996 Bowman's Best 79 Derek Jeter Refractor

These are my highlights from a small group sub I that should be arriving back soon. There were some others, like a 1990 Fleer Nolan Ryan for instance that I didn't think many cared to see. These were all mine from the sub. I managed to do pretty well on a few, in particular the 68' Super Stars card. I'm seeking advice on whether or not you guys think now is a good time to sell....? I barely have anything pre-1980's in my PC and none of the guys were still playing when I was born, so there's really no sentimental value to me with the card (other than the fact that it was a big hit from a raw card purchase on ebay) But at the same time, I realize that it is a card in which the value will probably only move in one direction in the future.

So what's your guys' opinions? Keep or move?

I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!

Comments

• Options
    TJMACTJMAC Posts: 864 ✭✭
    Congratulations on the submission. If you have no attachment and want to sell it, to me there is no better time than the present. Nobody knows what the future will hold. I don't agree that the card will go in one direction up or down. Mickey Mantle and Willie Mays are iconic players and if baseball cards remain relevant then I think it is a good bet they will be relevant. If you are comfortable with the amount you think you can get for it, then go for it.

Good luck!

• Options
    HERE is a couple PSA 9's on Ebay:

As you can see, a big difference in prices here.

A 1968 PSA 9 Mickey Mantle Super Stars card is listed on Ebay BIN 849.99

Link to Ebay auction

and heres another Ebay auction listed BIN 645.00

Link to #2 Ebay auction

The card will sell whatver it sells for.

Collecting RC's (mostly 40-60's)
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    While someone may LIST it for $850.00, if the OP decided to sell his card he will more than likely get somewhere in the $600.00s for the card.

I agree with what has already been said ... if the guys on that card don't do much for you ... sell it and pick up a nice Nolan Ryan card, which I would guess you would enjoy a lot more. Sometimes I think too many people worry about the value of the card instead of the enjoyment one gets from owning the card. Good luck with whatever you do. And if you decide to sell and pick up a different card, post it so we can see.

If you get lucky enough, you may be able to pick up a '69 AND '70 PSA "8" Ryan from the proceeds of the sale of that '68 card.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I was still 'editing' at the time Dboneesq replied.....but i posted another Ebay lisitng. Like he said, sell it and get what you want to enjoy.
    Collecting RC's (mostly 40-60's)
  • Options
    Thanks guys, that's some great advice. You guys are correct in that there's plenty more out there that I'd rather have. I've got plenty ready to go off to PWCC or Probstein, and this one is likely to join the pile.
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!