Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

1966 SMS Kennedy Half Dollar grading PCGS-MS68DCAM. - READ!!

A customer of mine is selling this coin in the Heritage FUN sale (Tampa) with No Reserve. Current bid $4,400 plus Buyers Fee. Heritage Lot # 5840: "1966 Kennedy Half Dollar Special Mint Set MS68 Deep Cameo None Graded Finer 1966 50C SMS MS68 Deep Cameo PCGS. The 1966 Special Mint Set Kennedys are nearly as elusive as their 1965 predecessors in Deep Cameo. Although the Special Mint Sets were supposedly produced to a lower standard than true proof sets, this piece is indistinguishable from a proof. It offers brilliant, limitless mirrored fields and breathtakingly thick mint frost throughout all devices on both sides. The consignor states that the present piece was the plate coin (page 243) for the issue in Tomaska's Whitman half dollar reference. Population: 5 in 68 Deep Cameo, none finer (11/15). Ex: Kallenberg PCGS Registry Set Of Proof Half Dollars (Heritage, 1/2008), lot 2230, which realized $10,925." Wondercoin
Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Comments

• MarkJudeMarkJude Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    I just took a look at the coin and from the photos, it looks amazing!

I've always wanted to upgrade to that coin but have never been able to pull the trigger; maybe now is the time!

Thanks for sharing,

Mark
    I'm here to learn a little something...
    Mark's Mattes
    Mark's Cameo SMS Set
    Mark's Non-Cameo SMS Set
  • winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    Originally posted by: MarkJude
    I just took a look at the coin and from the photos, it looks amazing!
    I've always wanted to upgrade to that coin but have never been able to pull the trigger; maybe now is the time!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Mark

Go for it, you won't regret it. But if you don't go for it you will later regret as these are very far and few in between.
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sold for Record Price of $16,450.00! Congrats to my customer as well as the new owner on this very cool Kennedy!

Wondercoin

Edited to add...

And, that's without a "sticker". Just wait until the coin gets stickered image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.