Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Topps Basketball from 1969-82

Anyone else collecting this? I just finished a 1973-74 set in all 8's and 9's. The last two were the notorious Leroy Ellis card and the Nate Archibald. At 264 cards,this is the largest PSA set I have ever completed. I have a few others working. I've seen a few posts on Fleer and vintage Topps, but am I alone in this era?

Sam
Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.

Comments

• Great work on the set. I still have 9 to go. I have Leroy but not Nate. I collect 1948 forward so it makes it hard to complete each set I look for what I can with the funds available.

Love basketball.
  • flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    I am coming from the opposite direction. Finished the '57 Topps, '61 Fleer and '69 Topps. Eventually will start the '70 set. Undervalued sets from the '70s IMO
  • I see basketball gaining in popularity. Eventually collectors will want to collect the vintage sets, and for basketball vintage extends into the 1970's. In many cases, stars ho for fractions of their baseball counterparts.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • I've completed 71-2 Globetrotters 84, 75 carvel discs, 76-7 Topps, 77-8 Topps, 79-80 topps, 80-81 Topps Pin-ups and 81-82 Topps so far, close on many others. Values are very much lower than baseball and populations are probably also
  • Lhoop33Lhoop33 Posts: 137 ✭✭
    I'm also collecting the basketball sets. I completed 57 (except Russell), 61 and most of 69, 70 and 71. I've been thinking about 72 and 73. I think I have about 60 or so cards from 73. Also looking to trade cards as well if anyone is interested.
  • RAPTORSRULE04RAPTORSRULE04 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    Just managed to complete 1972, 264 cards the biggest I've done. Still lots of room for improvement.

I'm open to trading I probably have lots of 72 and 73 to trade as I've upgraded. Probably have many cards to trade from 48 on. My house is getting renovated now lots in storage. It would probably be a couple monhs before I would know what I have to trade.