Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Anyone Looking For An 1803/2 Gold Half Eagle grading PCGS-MS62? Current Bid $3800 Plus Buyers' Fee

A customer of mine is selling this coin at the Heritage Fun Sale (Lot 5578) with No Reserve. Current bid - $3,800 plus buyers' fee. Heads up if you need one!

"Description

1803/2 Half Eagle, BD-4, MS62
Brilliant and Appealing

1803/2 $5 BD-4, R.4, MS62 PCGS. Bass-Dannreuther Die State c/c. A bold die crack runs beneath the date, thickest from near the rim beneath the forward bust tip through the 03, thinning out under 18 but extending on left past the left side of the lowest hair curl, ending about halfway between the 1 in the date and star 1. The BD-4 shows an especially prominent overdate, the 2 showing centered within the bottom loop of the 3 and to the right of the 3's top. The perfect T in LIBERTY is sufficient to identify this obverse and therefore the variety, as this was its sole use. The reverse is shared with the BD-3 overdate, showing an imperfect T in LIBERTY. The brilliant yellow-gold surfaces show scattered ticks largely on the obverse that account for the grade, but much eye appeal is present. Minor planchet adjustment marks are confined to the extreme rims on the reverse, which shows both a sharper strike and better overall eye appeal."

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.