Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

no crossover star notes

Hi All!
It's been a while, but currency is still a big love! Dropped in the bank for some new holiday money. Teller had a fresh pack of ones starting xxxx9901 so I got a little excited for an end of pack replacement star note pair. Lo and behold, they were not there and got the unusual F76539999E and F76540000E. This is series 2013. Are these unusual, or has the BEP improved their technology recently and the need for replacement stars gone the way of the Dodo?
USPI minimalist design collage
designset
Treasury Seals Type Set

Comments

• the BEP isnt replacing xxxx9999 and xxxx0000 notes with stars any longer... new printing process. Someone else on the board will give more detail as I dont recall. To that point, you can now find these again:

• ttt, does anyone know when the technology changed? which series benefitted first?
    USPI minimalist design collage
    designset
    Treasury Seals Type Set
  • Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    If you look closely at the $1 note pictured by Maxcrusha, you will see a lot of information.

It is a series 2013. Now look at the sheet position located in the upper left - J1. This says it is produced with the new LEPE equipment which uses 50 subject sheets, not the earlier 32 subject sheets which did not have a J position.

With the new 50 subject sheet production in 2013, the 999 and 000 type notes are not pulled any more. The new LEPE equipment does about all of the inspection process now - no more manually pulling sheets to inspect as before on the 32 subject sheets.

Basically with the new LEPE equipment, the 50 subject sheets go in the front and out the comes pallets of notes - all in one pass as I understand the process.

Here is a link I just looked up:

LEPE

Hope this helps a little and if I made a mistake, someone will let me know and we all learn.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    There are still COPE notes being printed in other denominations, that will still have the star notes replacing the 9999 and 0000 ending notes, but the new LEPE notes no longer have stars to replace the 9999 and 0000 ending notes.