Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

PMG goofed on this one

I was perusing HA for new serial numbers for my census info, and stumbled on lot 25674, whi

Comments

• luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    For reference in the future (and for
  • luckybucks once again we have to thank you for your tireless research and for your SHARING the results. image
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• FOR THE RECORD...

PMG graded this, not PCGS Currency...
    Jason W. Bradford
    President, PCGS Currency
    jbradford@pcgscurrency.com

• oops LOL ! Lucky you may want to change that
  • We've seen many PMG holdered notes that were labeled as LGS but were really DGS. But we wouldn't have known this without luckybucks' research. This forum has provided good info on the ranges and dates. Some of the transitional color notes look LGS to me and can pass for LGS to many.
  • image with larry510, made that mistake myself.
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey.....it happens.....

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
    Originally posted
    Numnd of the year.
    I know,but,it's not a silver cert and it's not FR# 1701.My point was to show that errors happen on holders.As the thread title states....they goofed!
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
    How about this one?? Notice the (significantly) higher serial number is called Light and the lower is called dark.....goofy. The top note pic made the note appear darker-I can assure you,in person,it looks just like the other note-lighter,in fact.

I didn't catch the Silver Certificate part, I just looked at the note, my bad. Hey, you have the only L
  • TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    Cool thread Luckybucks! image
  • How about a PMG VF 20epq?

Nice note Larry

IMs.
  • Well my point of posting that in case some don't realize is that PMG does not award EPQ to notes less than 25 so that was obviously a goof up.
  • TigerTraderTigerTrader Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: larry510

Well my point of posting that in case some don't realize is that PMG does not award EPQ to notes less than 25 so that was obviously a goof up.

Well now you should have the lowest graded PMG EPQ note! LOL

unless there are others...

• Originally posted by: TigerTrader

Originally posted by: larry510

Well my point of posting that in case some don't realize is that PMG does not award EPQ to notes less than 25 so that was obviously a goof up.

Well now you should have the lowest graded PMG EPQ note! LOL

unless there are others...

I'm sure that mistake has been made before by them. LOL