Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

First National Bank & Trust Sign

Came across this for sale recently. Its described as "Heavy cast aluminum building plate 26 x 31"

Anyone want to take a shot and guess what its worth?

Collecting Grand Rapids, Michigan Nationals all denominations, series, and types as well as obsoletes.

Please PM me with any available for sale.

Comments

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    That's really cool!! Any idea what bank it's from?
  • I'm guessing based on where the seller is located that its the First National Bank & Trust of Kalamazoo, Michigan.

What do you think is a fair price? Seller is asking $225
    Collecting Grand Rapids, Michigan Nationals all denominations, series, and types as well as obsoletes.

Please PM me with any available for sale.
  • I think $225 is very low end of fair, bordering on steal. Completed auctions on Ebay for similar bronze signs are in the $300 - $400 range. If it was from a bank I was interested in, I wouldn't think twice about adding it to my collection.
  • $225 seems fair, but I would ask and see if you can get it for $200. You never know, a deal is a deal. Probably came from a salvage company or a dumpster dive at little to no cost would be my guess.
    Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • mfontesmfontes Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    I would offer less since you don't know what bank it described. The First National Bank and Trust Company is vague and could have come from anywhere in the country. Knowing the bank of origin would add value. Try $150-175, all they can do is turn it down.
  • delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    I agree; the lack of a town name diminished the value.
  • rbethearbethea Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: delistamps
    I agree; the lack of a town name diminished the value.

Tremendously. It has no provenance. It's worth a sign that says "The First National Bank and Trust Company" but that's it.
    Check out my world paper money collection at papermoney.x10.mx
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ill give it a go at $150 scrap, unknown for any other price