Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Best Deal EVER on a Porthole Note!!! ......weeeellllll um uh there's kind of a catch

I think someone was practicing their ninja throwing stars on this one! Even with all the significant damage, at under $150 I could not pass it up. I'm not sure if I'm making rational decisions anymore, or maybe I'm so far gone that I can no longer tell the difference!?!

Comments

• Options
    Oh man what would they grade that? image
  • Options
    TookyBandit, congratulations you have just won the 2015 award for the absolutely, positively most woefully wretched note for the year. You also win the lowest grade possible award for 2015. LOL

Congratulations and well done. image

P.S. I'll chip in on the grading fee should you decide to go for LOW Grade!
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    Haha, I'll take that award Les as long as someone else is willing to second it and make it official. I wonder if I bring it to FUN and get it graded if PCGS would be willing to add on the sticker: CU Forum's "Most Wretched Note of the Year Award 2015". That would be pretty dang cool!

• Options
    That's "woefully wretched". Wendell Wolka's grading system.

P.S. Tell Jason I'll pay half the fee.
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    Haha, I like it! That does have a much better ring to it. It would be funny if the grading scale had negative numbers when a note clearly deserves it.
  • Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Rob,this one was not a rational decision.As your friend,I felt it was my place to make you aware.image
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    That note has had a very rough life.
    Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    I'd say you just bought "a piece" of history.
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    That one has been around the block a time or three.
  • Options
    AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    Time to start a low ball collection ? still a nice note with good color and all info still present - face value $4
    collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • Options
    MEC2MEC2 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    I saw that on theBay and while I am in the market for a Porthole, I decided it was one note I'd spend the extra money on to try and get at least a choice Fine 15 in if I could. It's rough as hell...

• Options
    Ted 1Ted 1 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Tookybandit

I think someone was practicing their ninja throwing stars on this one! Even with all the significant damage, at under $150 I could not pass it up. I'm not sure if I'm making rational decisions anymore, or maybe I'm so far gone that I can no longer tell the difference!?!

Easily a Fair 2, no comments. image
    Rare Nationals &
    Lowball Sacagawea Dollars (PO01-VF35)

--- SUCCESSFUL BST TRANSACTIONS ---
    braddick, Omegaraptor, JWP, EagleScout2017, OAKSTAR, Twobitcollector, boxerdad, OKCC, Fancycashcom, JimW, MWallace, Tookybandit, TeacherCollector, jeffas1974, mainejoe, kansasman, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Soldi, Histman, CurrenSee, jclovescoins, Outhaul, Timbuk3, LEMONHEAD_PENNY, daverickey, Maxcrusha, RedSeals
  • Options
    Wizard1Wizard1 Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Don't forget to make sure that little piece showing at the top center is included or it's not as advertised / missing piece jk jk jk
    Always looking for US 22666622, 34444443 and 18111181 Radars & Perfect Flipper Serials consisting of 6, 8, 9, 0

http://www.wizard1.ca

MAKE DONALD DRUMPF AGAIN! http://tinyurl.com/z5uju34 STOP THE DEVOLUTION OF AMERICA

• Options
    Wonder if Tootawl will be interested in this note.
  • Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    Did someone say wretched?

Nice(?) note Rob! I know a good therapist… image