Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Bought my first mismatched serial number and was wondering population.

I've been eyeballing mismatched serial number notes for decades but never bought one until now. I bought a 1969 $1 67/68 mismatch the note is PCGS 35PPQ. I read that most of these were released before error was discovered which raised my interest over notes like the 57 Silver certificate which seems like nearly all are gems. If someone wouldn't mind taking the time I would be curious of the entire population, lowest to highest. Thanks for your time in advance.

Comments

• Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Well I see nobody has replied yet. So I will take a stab at it.

What you are asking for does not exist to my knowledge. I don't know of anyone who has compiled that kind of census data for the mentioned mismatched serials.

Now if you are asking for just census data from say PMG or PCGS, then that may be possible, but would not give you anywhere near a complete population you are seeking. The reason for this IMHO is that most are not graded and only those that have been sold recently are graded due to Auction house policy changes over the years.

I know this does not answer your question the way you want, but it explains the reality of it.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Maybe my question isn't clear. PCGS must have a pop. report of the notes they graded. I saw one add from a dealer with a 66. He knew the number of gems graded 65 and up. It was less than 10. The information exists.
  • Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    My Apologies for not understanding your question.

OK, so you have narrowed it down to PCGS and GEMS. Here is the PCGS CU thru GEM info.

Let's see if this is any better.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    The population report does not specify individual types of errors. All errors in total are listed by grade and Friedberg number.
  • I agree, To my limited knowledge there are no individual totals of the Mis-Matched serial errors. I do have a couple of mis-matched notes listed on e-bay for sale, and I believe my prices are the lowest for the mis-matched Gem grades. After the first of the year I intend on listing several more, I have grades 65, 66, 67, 68. I have two consecutive graded 68 notes. All of my mis-matched errors are graded, most are PCGS and a couple are PMG. I have about 35 total for sale, I also have several of the FR1619 1957 G-A block serial errors. If you are interested I will give you a good deal.

contact me direct at woody3882@aol.com If serious, e-mail me your phone number and I will call you

Thanks, and have a great Christmas, and a safe New Year

Woody
    Dana Wood

Woody3882@aol.com

2015 Certificate Award Winner 2016 Certificate Award Winner