Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Currency
Options

FSH - City of Detroit UNCUT SHEETS $10 and $20

For Sale - a very rare item - uncut sheets of City of Detroit Series C Specimen notes in uncut sheet format. Each note has a hold punch cancel in them and each is marked as a Specimen. These are original sheets from 1930's and haven't seen the light of day in over 70 years. These are truely very rare as you won't find any sales history on these uncut sheets. I am only the 3rd owner for these particular sheets.

It's possible that you could carefully cut these up and send them in for grading and get some very high grade notes. I would certainly hope that you wouldn't do that. As an uncut sheet, they are incredible in hand and once cut up, they are gone forever. The original paper wave is still evident. Luckily noone has ever folded these and stored them. They have always been in a cardboard tube.

On average these sell at a minimum of $100 per note on the low side. 18 notes per sheet is $1800 per sheet retail. I am selling them for about half that.

See pics below -

$10 uncut sheet. The very tips of the the corners of the sheets have some issues, but overall, a very clean sheet. Price is $950.

$20 uncut sheet. Two tips of the corners have issues with one corner having very noticeable margin issues. There is also a very small tear on the bottom left margin that is 1/8" in length. It does not affect the notes as you can see in the pictures. Price is $950.

These measure at 17 1/2" x 19" and are printed on both sides. Don't miss your chance to own a very rare item. Payment by personal check, Money order, or Paypal Gift only. I don't really want to sell these, but I have my eye on some other items I want to add to my collection. These are the only "extra" sheets that I have.

CORRECTION: Heritage has offered these sheets once before. They sold in 2004 for $3220 for a set of all 4 sheets - $1, $5, $10 and $20. So far there are no other sales of these sheets that I or anyone else can find. Thanks to Rich for finding this auction: Link

Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade

Comments