Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

$2 1928D LT D05555555A PCGS 67PPQ

Did anyone see this note on ebay that ended a couple of days ago? Well I stepped up and won it even though it wasn't cheap. I thought the serial number was way cool and a check on HA revealed that even non-fancy serial PMG/PCGS 67's have on average the past 4 years sold for north of $600. So I am happy to get this one!

Comments

• Options
    gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    Great note. Really like the serial.
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Nice high grade note, and a wicked awesome serial number.
  • Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    This was recently purchased on Ebay for $100 and is listed for sale at $250 OBO.

$2 FRN G05555555A
  • Options
    Originally posted by: delistamps

This was recently purchased on Ebay for $100 and is listed for sale at $250 OBO.

$2 FRN G05555555A

eBay note different than OP note. Larry510's is LT, eBay is FRN
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Options
    The G05555555A note would be a cool pair with my red seal but I'm not motivated to pay $250 for it unless it had been DA block. I would have bought for $100 or maybe even $150 had I seen it but modern $2's aren't on my watch.
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    Love it! Super cool note, congratulations!
  • Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Like my favorite apple..........red delicious!
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    What the heck. I paired them up and got for a good price:

• Options
    daveudaveu Posts: 97 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Bravo! Now you can join the annual Christmas thread of matching Red and Green serials! I'm Jewish, but look forward to it every year.
  • Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    That is a great pair! Glad you pulled to trigger to unite them. Congrats! image

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    Simply double pleasure!

Congratulations!

imageimage

• Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭

Bravo! Now you can join the annual Christmas thread of matching Red and Green serials! I'm Jewish, but look forward to it every year.

Here is a Blue seal to celebrate the spirit of Hanukkah Harry:

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    Great note@!

I had to do a double take on the image, it looked like two handling marks but actually seems to be a reflection

Originally posted by: larry510
    Did anyone see this note on ebay that ended a couple of days ago? Well I stepped up and won it even though it wasn't cheap. I thought the serial number was way cool and a check on HA revealed that even non-fancy serial PMG/PCGS 67's have on average the past 4 years sold for north of $600. So I am happy to get this one!

• Options
    Yeah the poor scan quality might have scared off some bidders. I hope no handling marks!
  • Options
    Michael, that blue color on your deuce is outstanding!
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Constantine

Here is a Blue seal to celebrate the spirit of Hanukkah Harry:

wicked cool image
  • Options
    Larry: Those two notes make a very nice pair! I especially like the red seal. I wonder if the radar note five serials before it exists somewhere.
    Collector: of low or fancy serial numbers in the 1928 - 1963 era including radars and repeaters, better stars, mules, special serial number ranges, also pre WWII Philippine star notes and low serials as well as low and fancy serials on MPC

Data collection: serial number data of scarce notes in the 1928 to 1963 era - radars, repeaters, scarce stars, mules, and other scarce or rare notes in all types or series & large size 8 digit radars or repeaters
    My email is: HHICL@aol.com
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Larry

Unless the holder was cut / banged around, I don't think you need to worry about handling, especially with the PCGS67 grade.

Edit to add, I'll bet the seal and serial numbers smash through the back of the paper too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: SerialNumberGuy

Larry: Those two notes make a very nice pair! I especially like the red seal. I wonder if the radar note five serials before it exists somewhere.

Funny I was going to ask you if the radar existed and when it was last on the market! It has to be out there somewhere.

• Options
    Just arrived and I am very happy with it! No handling.

• Options
    Don't know about the LT radar, but the FRN radar is out there. Ask TYF Jim Futrell...I think he bought it in this sale:

FRN Radar
  • Options
    gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
  • Options

Don't know about the LT radar, but the FRN radar is out there. Ask TYF Jim Futrell...I think he bought it in this sale:

I did ask the seller if he had the radar LT too but he does not. I'd be interested in that FRN radar if Jim still has it.

• Options
    Jim sold it to another dealer who has since sold it to a collector.
    Always looking for radar notes

www.iccurrency.com