Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

PMG fee updates for 2016

PMG has posted their fee updates for 2016.

PMG_2016_FeeUpdates
Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

Comments

• Options
    Funny I was just about to post that. Very disappointed and PCGS will likely get even more of our business now. PMG's $14 per note small size bulk rate was a good value and made sense for me for notes that I needed to get slabbed as cheap as possible to avoid losing money on those notes after grading fees. But there's really no more benefit for that since PCGS has the same prices now (assuming they are not raising their rates too) and I prefer the PCGS holders over the PMG ones. Also PCGS has greatly improved their turn around times and are now even faster than PMG based on my recent experiences.
  • Options
    $8 "handling" now, wow
    =Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=
  • Options
    15$ for oversize holder? Really? What would justify this price for a piece of plastic that costs 10 cents?

Looking for:

1. Any The Zanzibar Government note in any condition.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Alex1176

15$ for oversize holder? Really? What would justify this price for a piece of plastic that costs 10 cents?

I agree $15 is a bit much for an oversize note. But 10 cents of plastic isn't it either. That's thick mylar and it's not exactly cheap. I would agree to the $15 if it was for a 4 subject holder or something larger along those lines, but that falls in to the "custom holder" category which is an extra $25 or $50.

Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • Options
    larry510 , You are lucky. Mine are already 80 days and counting. 40 world notes, some of them are rare, the others are non common. But you could not beat the 10$ "monthly special" price per piece.
    Looking for:

• Options
    larry510 , You are lucky. Mine are already 80 days and counting. 40 world notes, some of them are rare, the others are non common. But you could not beat the 10$ "monthly special" price per piece.

I actually laughed out loud on this one...

These are more than likely the September monthly specials, all of which will ship by the end of this month as we are actually finishing up the grading on these today.

Three months on $10 monthly specials...what more do you guys expect? image
    Jason W. Bradford
    President, PCGS Currency
    jbradford@pcgscurrency.com

• Options
    Wow three months for the monthly specials now? That's great to hear.
  • Options
    TigerTraderTigerTrader Posts: 249 ✭✭✭

I am sure the September special was a popular one. I sent in 50 notes myself and they probably brought a lot of work back with them from the Maastricht show that was at the same time.

Glad to hear they are about to return home! Regardless, the $10 price point is worth the wait as I would not have graded many of these otherwise...

• Options
    Originally posted by: jwbradford

I actually laughed out loud on this one...

These are more than likely the September monthly specials, all of which will ship by the end of this month as we are actually finishing up the grading on these today.

Three months on $10 monthly specials...what more do you guys expect? image

Happy to hear that my notes are soon on the way home... Thank you. And I'm not complaining, for ten bucks it's a great deal.
    I have another batch of some interesting notes for grading, I wish you will have this kind of deal again soon...
    Looking for:

• Options
    Originally posted by: Alex1176

Don't feel too bad, mine are at calendar day 78; but my last monthly special was about the same so I'm not too upset. Anxious, yes, upset nah not yet. Besides it's Christmas and absolutely nothing is allowed to upset me at Christmas.

Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired