Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

A couple new horse coins

A couple new ultra-modern world coins with horses.

One is a classic design revisited...

The second is an ultra-modern Royal Canadian Mint proof hologram coin. Yes, there is a bit of "tackiness" of the hologram design, but I liked the filigree design around and the 5 horses.

These are coins #259 and #260 of my horses set. image

Brandon
-Brandon
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Comments

• Options
    coffeycecoffeyce Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    I really like the first one. Nice pick up.
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am bowled over by the Maple of Strength coin. Does the "wow" thing for me. And why haven't I noticed your link to horse coins before? New bookmark on my browser.
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top coin is great. My only reservation on other one is the coloring, otherwise neat.
  • Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Zohar

Top coin is great. My only reservation on other one is the coloring, otherwise neat.

Completely agree. I'm not big on holograms, but I really liked the horses around and the fine floral filigree work. I think holograms are tacky on coins...

-Brandon
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Australian piece is spectacular, while the Canadian piece gives me a bit of vertigo.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them both. The reverse design on the hologram coin is super nice, and while I have the same knee-jerk reaction that Hydrant did to the hologram itself, I could definitely get over it.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Hydrant

Holograms on coins are beyond tacky.

I was thinking the same as I glanced at the coin...

Such a nice merry-go round design and then there's the hologram in the center of the reverse image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: lordmarcovan

I like them both. The reverse design on the hologram coin is super nice, and while I have the same knee-jerk reaction that Hydrant did to the hologram itself, I could definitely get over it.

They should have put the hologram on top of Queen Elizabeth on the obverse instead image

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!