Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Hohn

I have been trying, at various times, to obtain a tracking number for an item I ordered from Leipziger Munzhandlung und Auktion Heidrun Hohn.
They have yet to respond.
The item had been ordered early in November, but they later advised me that they misplaced my record of payment.
Supposedly, the item was mailed out on 11/30. If there is no tracking number, I would give it a month before inquiring. However, I cannot even get a response whether there IS a number.
Has anyone here done business with them and had a similar experience?
Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD

Comments

• Options
    NapNap Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a great sign if they don't respond to your enquiry to provide a tracking number. Presumably it has not been sent. I would try to call them and speak to a representative, I imagine there are some English speaking representatives. Have never personally done business with this firm.
  • Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've dealt with them for the last 5+ years. I buy only thru their auctions. They have my

C.C. info. I have yet to have any issues with Ms. Hohn and staff. I hope this gets resolved

soon. Keep us posted.
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received notice of their January auction, which appears to be very interesting. However, I would not consider participating if my current issue is not resolved; first, the failure to note my payment and now the lack of response.
    Again, if they posted the item without a tracking number; that is fine. For such things, I allow a month for receipt. I do need to know when to expect an item, to prevent delays in picking it up from the post office, if necessary.
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Tibor

I've dealt with them for the last 5+ years. I buy only thru their auctions. They have my

C.C. info. I have yet to have any issues with Ms. Hohn and staff. I hope this gets resolved

soon. Keep us posted.

This has been my experience, as well.
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning all,

The original Mrs. Heidrun Hoehn has passt away about 2 years ago. As far as I know, the rest of the Family, but mainly a daughter, is now running the business. They used to have a very lofty and very pricy opinion about grading. They know how to stretch grades by taking advantage of photography technics.

This is not to say that things are better now then they were when she was at the helm.

However, I suggest that you send them a very stern but polite email, requesting this to be clarified by a certain date.

Or, call them. they do speak English, at least some of them.

I had numerous acceptable auction-dealings with them. However, there was the last one which involved a clearly, when in hand, recognizable fake Canadian Dollar. It triggered quite an unpleasant situation as it was sort of suggested that perhaps it was switched while not in their care. ( quite a story and I will not tell the rest as it is settled)

there is no way that a payment can not be found unless it was made in cash.

I am not dealing with them any longer for obvious reasons.

If you do not get a proper and positive response, I believe they are members of the German Professional coin dealers association. As such they have certain obligations toward dealings with clients.

Just my 2 cents worth. a
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life