Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How do you post a photo?

jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have some nice coin pics already saved and processed on my computer. Can someone walk me through posting a pic? Thanks again.
Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Comments

• Options
    scubafuelscubafuel Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can upload them to Collectivecoin.com if you'd like. Then just click on the pic and choose the blue "forum" link.

The link will copy the image code directly to your clipboard, and you can paste it (ctrl-v) directly into your PCGS forum post.

Feel free to PM if you'd like step by step directions!

Scubafuel
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comrade, I believe Lance has a nice thread on the process. I would send him a PM.

Also, The first step is to upload your images to a site like PhotoBucket.

I believe other forum members have stated there are others that are even better.

GB
  • Options
    I already have the images on my machine, already processed. How do I insert them into a post? The work is already done.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: jmski52
    I already have the images on my machine, already processed. How do I insert them into a post? The work is already done.

Is no broke. Big Brother Fix. Make better, no...hahaha.
    Renski
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your work is not done yet. You have to upload them to an Internet web server(image hosting service such as photobucket) first THEN when you do a forum post and click on the little image button you have to insert the URL of the image.

I host my own images on my own web server so I don't deal with those hosting sites.

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have some nice coin pics already saved and processed on my computer. Can someone walk me through posting a pic? Thanks again.

Try following these directions for uploading a picture.
  • Options
    Well, since ebay listings are free at the moment, I suppose I could put up an ebay auction and then link to it.

Seriously, we can't just upload a photo and then post it anymore? Seriously?

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    I don't recall ever being able to do that? Was there ever a time when that was possible here?
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously, we can't just upload a photo and then post it anymore? Seriously?

Seriously.

I, too, am disappointed.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    this works for me...tinypic.com

it's free n easy...no need to mess with the icon here...jut a copy n paste operation

everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

Show me please!
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: JCLIGHTBRIGADE

I don't recall ever being able to do that? Was there ever a time when that was possible here?

There was, yes. Picture size was restricted to 50 Kb IIRC.
  • Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    Originally posted by: scubafuel
    You can upload them to Collectivecoin.com if you'd like. Then just click on the pic and choose the blue "forum" link.

The link will copy the image code directly to your clipboard, and you can paste it (ctrl-v) directly into your PCGS forum post.

Feel free to PM if you'd like step by step directions!

Scubafuel

I'm with you, go to CollectiveCoin.com and upload all your coins and then have fun.

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTT:

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This message board is extremely difficult to post pictures to. Took me forever to figure it out. It also takes a lot more steps than some other boards, so I do not post as many pictures here unfortunately.
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a foolproof method....I find my son ,say take a picture of this and post it.... all necessary as I graduated at the bottom of my remedial mouse class
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Searching the forum and posting photos used to be very easy, before they "fixed" the forum that wasn't broken

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never done it.
  • Options
    LoveMyLibertyLoveMyLiberty Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: jwitten

This message board is extremely difficult to post pictures to. Took me forever to figure it out. It also takes a lot more steps than some other boards, so I do not post as many pictures here unfortunately.

What do you mean?? We're on the cutting edge of 1925 !

My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file