Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Double Denomination 1974 $20

I have someone offering me one of these notes. Unfortunately, I can not see it in person, as the person lives far away. Has anyone heard of any fakes that were made of this note?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    The serial number is K46338225B

Thanks
  • Options
    check Heritage archives perhaps
  • Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    You need to be skeptical and assume it is not real and let the seller provide proof that it is.Move forward with caution and be sure any deal/payment has recourse.Keep in mind....some folks truly don't realize that what they think they have is not real so be sure any deal is returnable.
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    Story about these notes

For what they sell for, I'd be vewwy vewwy careful
  • Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, both notes shown/mentioned 1974 $20 K-B block....120027 serial number differential.
  • Options
    To quote from the Encyclopedia Britannica:

Caveat emptor, (Latin: “let the buyer beware”), in the law of commercial transactions, principle that the buyer purchases at his own risk in the absence of an express warranty in the contract.

As a maxim of the early common law, the rule was well suited to buying and selling carried on in the open marketplace or among close neighbours. The increasing complexity of modern commerce has placed the buyer at a disadvantage. He is forced to rely more and more upon the skill, judgment, and honesty of the seller and manufacturer.

It's YOUR money and if you cannot personally examine it then try to find a reputable dealer where the seller is located and try to work something. Lots of $$$ at stake here.
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    That would be a note I would want to examine in person before I made the purchase.
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Tookybandit
    That would be a note I would want to examine in person before I made the purchase.