Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Enough for an error? 1928 $10 Atlanta

Picked this up over the weekend. Enough for an minor misalignment error designation or just a case of very bad centering?

......image

Comments

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    Cool note, I like it! I would say just bad centering. If you were able to see a slight portion of another note in the top margin, then you would have a winner.
  • Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    I agree as far as an error goes. Nice pick up though.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    I think that it just barely meets the criteria we have to be called a minor error, because the serial numbers do just touch at the district seal and along the top border design. While it probably doesn't add a whole lot of value, it's a cool note and a nice looking Atlanta 1928 series Fed to boot!
    Jason W. Bradford
    President, PCGS Currency
    jbradford@pcgscurrency.com

• Options
    Excellent pickup!image

And I agree regarding error, very minor.
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Nice note.

IMO it is just bad centering / alignment.

I have a $5 LT with a small part of the frame of the above note showing, and don't really call it an error.

As an early small size $10 FRN collector, I have / have seen seen notes centered with the numbers touching America, and other times, into the Treasurer's signature.

All of the above COULD be considered errors, but too minor to be of any interest to an error collector.
  • Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    An error by any other name................as a 1928 head I have seen several similar notes within the series.Certainly there's much merit in Jason's comments as well as the others.My take on this note is I personally would not call this note an error as,to me,an error note needs to be a bit more "obvious" for lack of a better term.It's like I told my kids over the years about a broken arm......if you have to ask if it's broken,then it's not-if it IS broke,you'll have no doubts! This is certainly not the "industry's"take on this-it is my own.That stated,an error can be in the eye of the beholder to some degree,but,if a "so called error" adds no value,then most likely,as in this case,it can actually lower the value.
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency