Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

New PCGS holder?

jt88jt88 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
ebay

Is this kind of PCGS holder a new version? Or is it only for Chinese collectors, or even it is fake holder?

pcgs certication verification

Comments

• Options
    larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    I believe that was graded by the Collector's Universe PCGS coin grading company (not PCGS currency) but someone else will have to confirm this.
  • Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it is indeed PCGS asia.

verify
  • Options
    I don't know about the PCGS holder, but I do know the dealer as I've purchased several

notes from him in the past. He's always been straight up and honest in all our dealings. One might just use the "Ask A Question" option in the eBay Messages and ask him.
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Options
    oklahomadannyoklahomadanny Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: tomtomtomtom

I believe that this will shed some light on the subject.

What kind of holder is this?

Tom, fixed your link. image

Originally posted by: larry510

I believe that was graded by the Collector's Universe PCGS coin grading company (not PCGS currency) but someone else will have to confirm this.

larry510, I bolded the key words here. The Collectors Universe group sold off the "Currency" brand/trademark years ago (their primary focus was Coins) which is what we all now know as PCGS. After all the effort and success in building up the PCGS Currency brand, the Collectors Universe company is trying to take the brand/name/trademark back. Hopefully this explains it.

FYI: Because of legal issues this thread may be removed by the moderators. tomtom's link has more details about this.

imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014