Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Hello All...

I have been enjoying these boards for awhile, and thought it was time to get involved. I look forward to gaining the insight and knowledge of my fellow collectors. It is rare to find a message board of any subject as helpful as this one. There isn't the usual bashing, negativity, or complaining that is prevalent on other boards.

So having said all of this, my main collecting goal is the 1940 Play Ball set. It started out in PSA 7 or better, but now just about anything goes. Look at the POP report and you'll understand my grief. Also looking for 1954, 1973, and 1981 Topps.

Thanks, and I look forward to interacting with everyone.image
Bernie Carlen

Currently collecting.....your guess is as good as mine.

Comments

• Options
    sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    Welcome!
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard playball.

aconte
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Hello there PlayBall. Why 81 Topps? Thats the first year I collected, and I always have loved that set. Are you going for it in PSA?
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    PlayBallPlayBall Posts: 463 ✭✭✭

I collect the 1981's, because when I started I wanted a graded set in each decade (to get a nice assortment of different players). My 1964 Topps set fizzled out, but I'm still working on the other 4 in graded form.

Bernie Carlen
    Bernie Carlen

• Options
    JHJH Posts: 111
    Bernie - Welcome to the board.... sorry to hear the 64 set fizzled out... if you have any left over from when you were working on it, feel free to let me know..... Jim
  • Options
    Bernie Welcome!
    I was quite happy to get you on your way with that 81' set. Avery nice card layout on that year. Gotta love those ball caps in the corner. Best of Luck to you and enjoy the boards.
    RayB69Topps and 72' too.
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    GATOR5GATOR5 Posts: 654
    Playball,

Nice to hear your on the 81 trail. I can help you with about anything you need. Feel free to email me if you wan't. At the moment I'm building a high end set for myself and one other gentleman. Always popping dup 10's and high end 9's. If you'd like to view my start look under the MM collection on the registry. Over 300 81's are coming from psa later this week so if interested lmk.

Mattimage
  • Options
    PlayBallPlayBall Posts: 463 ✭✭✭

All this love for the 1981 Topps set. I'm overwhelmed. And yes, I can use all the help I can get, because I have not had much luck with wax and cello boxes lately.

JH - Has the #211 Coker PSA 8 and #481 Schilling PSA 8 arrived? I'm pretty sure, they were the only two that I had that could help you.

RayB - Thanks for all the 81's.image

Bernie
    Bernie Carlen

• Options
    thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    Playball, it's nice to have you aboard! I think you will find a good group of knowledgeable people here who are fun to be around.
  • Options
    GATOR5GATOR5 Posts: 654
    Playball,

You can reach me at rmorse@accn.org

Thanks Matt
  • Options
    JHJH Posts: 111
    Bernie - Yes, they arrived... THANKS... they should show up in my registry sometime soon....only 25 more to go.... but they're getting harder to find.....