Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Merz' 1937 PR66CAM finds a new home!!!

DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have always wanted to make an announcement with reference to a "private treaty." This is it. Don and I have reached a sales agreement whereby his 1937 PR66CAM is moving to my collection. As a part of the deal, I also have purchased his 1954 PR67CAM and he is purchasing my 1937 PR66red. I don't plan to publicly say how much changed hands. Besides, it's the coins that are important, not the money.

This sale will allow Don to finish his set, and I have GREATLY improved my set. Thanks, Don. You are a first class collector and person.

Doug
Doug

Comments

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Job Guys !!!
      Everything Stays Within the Registry Family and It Sounds Like Both are Happy.image
    1. Options
      SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
      Congrats to both of you!
      Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
    2. Options
      mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
      Do either you or Don have a 51 cameo Lincoln for sale? I need one for my set. Thanks, Mark
      National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
    3. Options
      TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
      Nice work!image
      Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

4. Options
      Ditto the nice job/work and BIG Congrats to both of you! image

It's nice to see fellow collectors helping each other with their sets,...even in the same catagory! image

Regards,

Don

Tradin' coins w/fellow collectors, and
      FULL Heads RULE!
    5. Options
      Sorry, the only 1951 I have is in my set. It is in a green holder and was UNDERAPPRECIATED by PCGS when it was graded PR66CAM.
      Doug
    6. Options
      PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
      I love it when a plan comes together, best to the both of youimage
      Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

7. Options
      merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
      I must say it was a very satisfying transaction for both of us.The 1937 PR66 CAM fits Dougs collection much better than my own.I'm also quite sure he'll cherish it as much as I have this past year.He will of course move ahead of me temporarily.That is until I add the 1936 PR65 RD Satin.BTW,since I also sold him my 1954 PR67 CAM I'm on the look out for a 1954 PR68 RD.If anyone helps me find one there is a $100 reward.
      We aren't like the Merc collectors but we do try to help each other when we can!image
      Don
      Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
    8. Options
      Don:
        Looks Like The Lincoln Collectors Are Darn Close to The Merc Folks To Me.imageimage
      1. Options
        Ken:

This Don agrees! image

Regards,

Don

edited to add:
        Friendly Collectors, and
        FULL Heads RULE!
      2. Options
        DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
        Congratulations Don!

I know how much making that coin meant to you. I am really happy that you were able to enhance your collection and keep your beautiful coin among our registry crowd here.

The Lincoln group is quickly joining the Merc group as the top notch collaborative collecting folks! Good job.
        Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
      3. Options
        andy007andy007 Posts: 475
        Congratulations Don and Doug.
      4. Options
        At this point, all I have to say is AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I feel right at home with you Merc guys. Down here in the south we marry our cousins all the time anyway!

Don's a prodigal son trapped up in PA. Our prayers are with him.

Doug Wright, Jr.
        American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!
        Doug
      5. Options
        etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
        Doug - I'm from Texas and I don't see that marriage thing happening. Just how much "South" are you?

Congrats to both of you.

Oh and Don, let me know about that 42 Proof Lincoln if it grades out 66Red. I really need one.
        (ANYBODY?)

-----------

etexmike
      6. Options
        That was to be humorous. You don't see to much of it (at least I don't). I'm from Tupelo, Mississippi, and the closest my family tree touched was just after the civil war when two brothers married two sisters, and therefore their children were double cousins. Practicing Law here for a few years in estate matters, I saw some strange things, and strange families. I had two groups grab their shotguns and head out to the old homeplace to settle up. I stayed in the office and called the police. But from what I hear, that happens in Texas also.
        Doug
      7. Options
        etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
        Sounds like a solid method for settlin' disputes to me. My motto is "if I shoot it, I'm gonna eat it".
        And kinfolks "ain't" on the menu.

I took your little barb as a joke and in the spirit it was intended. When you are from the south you have to learn to laugh at yourself. Everybody else does. Lucky for us, the folks up north don't know the joke is on them. Or we would be in trouble.

-----------

etexmike
      8. Options
        I've been through Texas many times. I try to go through Arkansas, so I don't step in the goop called Louisiana. I love the signs on buildings out there that tell you to leave you sidearms outside some buildings. It just gives you that feel of the old west.
        Doug
      9. Options
        I respect 100% the parties to not disclose the prices paid or agreed upon between themselves but it does help to futher the hobby on how some pieces are being traded within the collector coin circle. I personally would disclose any price paid if asked but as I stated it is only because I choose to do so. And as also stated I also have respect for these two to keep their business deal between themselves as that is none of our business if they so choose.

Im happy that they have the respect for each other and are happy with the outcome it sounds like a win win situation to me. Its two more friends in business and the love of coins that make it great for both, congratulations for what sounds like a new friendship and respect for a fellow collector....its not all that common...image
      10. Options
        Congratulations on a great win-win trade!!!

This kind of thing is why I like these boards so much.
      11. Options
        Congrats to Doug & Don! Those are 2 great sets.

perfectstrike (David)
      12. Options
        I Like This.......North Vs South Flame and Bashing Thread is Needed. Louisana bypassed because its Goup !! My Sentiments Exactly. Been There Once, Not By Choice, and that was Enough. This Oregon Boy was Very Grateful to Return Home to God's Country in The Beautiful NorthWest.
          No I was not There for a Coin Buying Trip.image
        1. Options
          MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
          I agree with all the congratulations! I was sad when I saw the title of the thread but then I was happy when I saw the coin stayed within the brethren.

Mark
          Mark