Options

Equus africanus asinus

The three letter word that must not be named:

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the slightly nonround aspect of that piece. Gives it an odd sort of hand-hewn look.

Italian? Any info on what it was for and/or the approximate date?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to my usual morning rush, I can't go into this further, but the medal, indeed, is Italian. The artist appears to be Adolfo Farnesi (1861 - 1899).

I did not image the back, since my aim was to make fun of a program which arbitrarily censors three letters in a row. However, the medal is meant to honor the Italian people who remain important to Italian society, though like donkeys, remain patient and beaten.

The reverse shows an allegorical figure, carrying a torch and trampling symbols of the Roman Catholic Church.
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    garrynotgarrynot Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    Very impressive
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a Liteside thread on this topic:

Originally posted by: lordmarcovan

Originally posted by: ErrorsOnCoins

You didn't use enough asterisks, though. image

For reasons I cannot determine, the robocensor replaces those three offending letters with five asterisks.

I guess that's asterisk inflation.

Good thing "asterisk" only has one "s", huh?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.