Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Please help report this guy to eBay

Please help report this seller:

Selling a lot of high quality world notes

Which....

he purchased on eBay as replicas recently

Some of these notes are multi-thousand dollar notes of real.

Comments

• Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Simply call eBay and report this to them. Give them the info you are posting and they should take care of it right away.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    Did that. Thanks for the suggestion (should have thought of it myself, lol).
  • Options
    tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    I just called and explained what was going on...they said that they take this very seriously...after the call one sold for $50...I'm glad I called but feel that I wasted my time calling.
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    Well that's 2 people that have called and several reports filed yet the auctions are still up.

Sigh.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    reported.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    ...another one sold $580
  • Options
    This one has 34 bidders at $1300 relisted.

He actually sold the same note/same serial number earlier. He listed it as a replica and now says it's real. replica earlier listing
  • Options
    Something happened... this guy has no auctions up for sale now. Everything is gone. Maybe Ebay finally caught up with him.
    Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • Options
    If you look at his sold items, various people bought over $5K worth of replicas.
  • Options
    Yes, but something is going on... if you click on those sold auctions, you get the listing not found or removed error. And they just ended yesterday. So maybe Ebay listened and caught them in time. The only auction that still works is the Curacao Muntbiljetten 1 Gulden 1942 but it only sold for $21.

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • Options
    BernyBerny Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    So how does eBay handle the sales with respect to the buyers. Will they automatically refund their money or do the buyers have to complain?

Bernie
    Always looking for material from the Niagara river region.

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    eBay can cancel listings even weeks after they have ended/sold. It looks like you guys did a great job and have potentially saved the buyers big losses!
  • Options
    cinchcinch Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    Too bad the bidders will be completely in the dark as to why all the auctions ended. They'll never realize how close they were to getting ripped off.
    My website: RICurrency.com
  • Options
    Originally posted by: cinch

Too bad the bidders will be completely in the dark as to why all the auctions ended. They'll never realize how close they were to getting ripped off.

I agree, too bad....

I had one auction years ago that was cancelled on me in the middle of my bids. I think it had 1 or 2 days remaining and the auction disappeared. I got an email from Ebay that just said the auction I was bidding on has been removed because the seller violated the Ebay terms of service. But other than that, I have no idea what the real reason was. But, a couple days later that seller was booted off Ebay so I guess it was something big.

• Options
    well done!
  • Options
    Another fraudulent listing.

Ebay

This one sold a couple of months ago on eBay. The seller is even using the same wrong back picture that the original listing had.

Never mind, I reported it to eBay and they killed the listing.
    Looking for Great West Virginia nationals. Also collect large size type.