Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

What 1981 - Present Topps (base or traded) raw cards routinely sell for $10 or more?

What 1981 - Present Topps (base or traded) raw cards routinely sell for $10 or more?

My list is below.

Shane

Comments

• frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is my list with very little research. Some maybe right or wrong. You may can add to my list. With the little research that I did, I was pleasantly surprised at some. I did not research all of these, so feel free to disagree.

This list has to be RAW Topps cards, and they have to be regular or traded cards. No graded, no autos, no patch, no serial numbered, no refractors, no tiffany, etc.

Also, I would say to include cards that POSSIBLY can sell for more than $10. For example, I would say that not ALL 1985 Topps Mark McGwire cards would sell for more than $10 raw. But one with razor sharp corners and centered probably would. That may be the case for many of these on my list.

Here is my list

1981 Topps Traded Tim Raines

1982 Topps Cal Ripken Jr

1982 Topps Traded Cal Ripken Jr

1982 Topps Traded Ozzie Smith

1983 Topps Tony Gwynn

1983 Topps Wade Boggs

1983 Topps Ryne Sandberg

1983 Topps Traded Darryl Strawberry

1984 Topps Don Mattingly

1984 Topps Traded Dwight Gooden

1985 Topps Mark McGwire

1985 Topps Kirby Puckett

1985 Topps Roger Clemens

1986 Topps Traded Bo Jackson

1989 Topps Traded Ken Griffey Jr

1990 Topps Frank Thomas NNOF

1993 Topps Derek Jeter

1999 Topps #220 Mark McGwire HR

2000 Topps Traded Miguel Cabrera

2001 Topps Traded Albert Pujols

2005 Topps Update Andrew McCutchen

2006 Topps Alex Gordon

2008 Topps Update Clayton Kershaw

2011 Topps Update Mike Trout

2015 Topps Kris Bryant

I am sure I left some out. Feel free to chime in.

Shane

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2006 topps Alex Gordon
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
    Good call. Ironically, it just hit me that I missed that one. I was going to update my list, when I saw your post. I will update now.

Shane

UPDATING MESSED UP THE PARAGRAPHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I........HATE.......THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES......I AM YELLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shane

Has anybody priced a 2011 Topps Update Mike Trout? Wow, those things are ridiculously high!

Shane

• markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    What's the big deal about the Gordon card?
  • bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Mistakenly issued and then pulled. Resulted in some comical blank and cut out versions as well

What about variations to such base or traded cards, for example any one of the 396 Topps 1982 Blackless cards which were pack issued ?
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 91 mark Whitten and oil can Boyd errors would. As well as any of the 90 backless. The 90 Jeff king error would go into the triple digits for sure.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• Skip Schumacher "rally squirrel" SP and the Jeter "Bush, Mantle, whomever" come to mind.
    The Rally Squirrel!!! I forgot that one too! I have that in my Cardinals team set!

Good call on the Jeter too!

Craig44,

I did not even know about those errors. Now, I am going to have to start looking at all of my commons! Thanks (not really!)

Shane

• RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    How about all of the mid to late 1980s Tiffany rookies?
    Originally posted by: RookieWax
    How about all of the mid to late 1980s Tiffany rookies?

No Tiffany cards in this discussion! Shame on you! image

Shane

• *****ume you meant baseball only but since it wasn't mentioned or specifically stated:

Rice, Montana, Bird/Magic, Elway, Marino, Hull, Lemiuex rookies.

and Gretzky skating in there with the technicality of being 1979-80

EDIT: THIS STAR EDITING THING IS REDICULOUS!!!

MAYBE WE SHOULD COMPILE A LIST OF WORDS THAT GET THE AUTO-EDIT?
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    I think you can remove the 81 Topps Traded Raines and the 99 Topps McGwire from the list.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • 1989 T Joe Sakic in decent shape
  • Bo Jackson 1986 Traded cards raw don't sell for even $5 on average. I don't believe that one belongs on your list.
    Originally posted by: ldferg
    I think you can remove the 81 Topps Traded Raines and the 99 Topps McGwire from the list.

I know that those may be had for less than $10, but they also can go for more.... Especially the #70 HR McGwire. If you are talking REGULARLY going over $10, then you would be correct.

Shane

Originally posted by: Dnice
    Bo Jackson 1986 Traded cards raw don't sell for even $5 on average. I don't believe that one belongs on your list.

I wasn't speaking of average price.... I was talking about a good possibility of going over $10 raw if it is really nice example.

Shane

• I wasn't speaking of average price.... I was talking about a good possibility of going over $10 raw if it is really nice example.

Not even close.
    Originally posted by: Dnice
    I wasn't speaking of average price.... I was talking about a good possibility of going over $10 raw if it is really nice example.

Not even close.

For most, you are right. That is why I was surprised when I found one example, so I included it.

Shane

• AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    If you look at description it says "You will be receiving all 5 cards for $15.00" Doesnt make it clear with the pic of just 1 but it was 5 for 15
    Originally posted by: Albertdidit
    If you look at description it says "You will be receiving all 5 cards for $15.00" Doesnt make it clear with the pic of just 1 but it was 5 for 15

Oh, I didn't see that. With that in mind, definitely take it off of the list.

Shane

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about the 1990 George Bush card?? Not a regular card, but way over $10

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al