Options

Recent baseball pickups

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    HOLY $HIT!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    This thread reminded me of a poker game I played years ago....it was a friendly little game with a bunch of buddies in which one hand was slightly competitive. When the call finally came to my buddy he sat there shaking his head with that defeated look. The nuts holder at the table picked up on this and began jabbing him to show his cards and move on like a man should. My buddy does the old, "I don't have much".....flips the 10 of Hearts, flips the Jack of Hearts, flips the Queen of Hearts......nut holder says I bet you $100 you don't have it.....next flip was a 2-fer = King and Ace of Hearts.

Calling this thread the "recent pick-ups" is akin to my buddy saying, "I don't have much".

Incredible thread here - thanks for sharing as I had not seen that many 10's in one place since that last Miss Universe pagaent.
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When did Bill Gates join the forum? That is some incredible card board.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    Good Lord. Stunning cards.

I really like the 77 Brett.

Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    I was gonna show my new 1973 munson PSA 2 OF, OC, PD and ST

But now I don't feel like it
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    My hand is bleeding all over my computer from being sliced up by all the razor sharp cardboard. ......as i scrolled down i began to notice all the "10s"....Holy...
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    Awesome pick ups. As a huge fan of the 1975 topps set, love those 10s. 1965 Hunter rookie in 10, wow?

Are you building all of those sets, or do you just collect certain players in PSA 10?
  • Options
    cardcountrycardcountry Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    Wow. What sweet cards!!! Well done!!

Jeff

Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! That is an amazing group of cards. Well done.
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    If those are your recent cards, can't wait for you to post what you've been working on.

Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    The term "pack fresh" is overused on eBay but if those vintage cards are not "pack fresh" than I don't know what is. Phenomenal cards and a pleasure to look at. Thanks for posting.

Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona.

-George F. Will
  • Options
    Originally posted by: lseecon
    Awesome pick ups. As a huge fan of the 1975 topps set, love those 10s. 1965 Hunter rookie in 10, wow?

Are you building all of those sets, or do you just collect certain players in PSA 10?

Mainly collecting certain players, or cards from sets I like, only in PSA 10 form or highest grade available. There's nothing better than a gem mint card.
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    I give up I must be shopping at the wrong store.
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sense a theme to this group of cards but can't quite put my finger on it. Seriously, WOW!! Great stuff!
    Daniel
  • Options
    belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    Holy bejolies
    "Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd