Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Very tough year, taking a break from buying.

This year has been a very challenging one on my end financially.

I have toughed out two seasons of slow business, and extra bills / obligations that need to be finished up.

I have made the decision that I need to take a bit of time away from buying. I am also going to be selling a few of the notes in my collection that are just extras.

I am going to take the Winter to try to get better suited for buying again. Providing that business returns to at least normal this coming Spring, I will be back in the driver's seat for buying once again.

Comments

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear! I am having some challenges with my business too. Here's to hoping for a banner year for both our sakes in 2016!!!
  • Options
    gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    Few are exempt from such ups and downs. Hope the new year brings you renewed business.
  • Options
    Well, retirement is really great but fixed income living is tough to get used to; am managing sort of like luckybucks as I'm selling off the duplicates. Proceeds go to my 'buying account' and I can't exceed it.
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Options
    Good luck in the new year!
  • Options
    rbethearbethea Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    If you're comfortable answering, what kind of business are you in?
    Check out my world paper money collection at papermoney.x10.mx
  • Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Hope things turn around. Also hope you post duplicates on the BST first...keep 'em in the family!
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    The nice thing about this time of year is you have a more prosperous 2016 to hope for. Nice thing about this hobby is our notes are tangible *****ets and we all can slow down if need be and use them to free up cash too when desired. I have had a few times where I needed to slow down buying and when I did, I actually enjoyed the notes already in my collection even more. Good luck with your business and I hope things turn around for you.

edited: Ha, I wrote a s s ets lol. Should have said butt money.
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: rbethea

If you're comfortable answering, what kind of business are you in?

I have a small engine repair business.

The only thing that kept me alive this year was my repeat customers, and the fact thatI am the only one in the area that also repairs diesels.