Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Any coin graders here too?

My father recently passed away and he was a coin collector. There are a few coins I would like to have graded since I have no idea what their value is. Ideally I would like to piggyback someone else's submission so I don't have to pay to join PCGS or another service just to grade something like 10 coins.

Since I trust the people on this message board, I am curious if anyone is open to providing me with the opportunity?

Mike

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports

Comments

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Have you at least check to see if they are worth the grading fees? Coins are alot more pricey for grading than Cards.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I have 1955 DDO penny I'd love to tag along with you if you find someone.
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    I think some might be. When I look on ebay I see such a massive range of prices depending on condition so I think it is worth grading some to find out their value. If I lose a few bucks so be it but I don't want to sell something worth $300 for $30.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take the 10 coins to the next coin show in your local area. You'll get yourself a very good idea of what would be worth sending in or not....and maybe save $200-$300 in the process. Just google on line for coin shows in your state/region.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a pretty avid coin collector of late 18th and 19th century US coins and have submitted coins many times to PCGS, primarily early copper pieces and early quarters (though my membership is lapsed at the moment). PCGS grading fees are a lot higher than for cards, so it's definitely a good idea to see if the expense is worth the submission.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    I suggest posting scans of the coins in the PCGS coin forum. The forum members will give you an honest opinion.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"